What's new

Jobs

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I would have to keep working. More than 2 days off and I get bored. I would like to think that I would learn a new trade, like woodworking, and make that my new "job".

Restoring old cars would be cool too.

In reality, hitting the powerball at it's lowest would net you around 5-6 million. Average modest income is between $30k-$40k( Printing ), 5-6 million would only buy me 10-12 years of living at my current lifestyle.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I wouldn't even hesitate for a second to retire right then and there.

I'd travel the entire world, I'd have the largest collection of cigars this side of Hong Kong, I'd spend boatloads of time with family and friends, I'd have a few children and I'd probably visit the Playboy Mansion....before having the aformentioned children.

I'd quit my job in a hearbeat.

turtle

Kimbers Rock
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if I won the lottery that I would get an education in business management. Then I would open up MAN LAND. It would be of course a gun shop and range, a cigar shop, lounge and bar, and a scuba shop. The gun shop and scuba shop would be open from 10 am to 8 pm and would definately have a very friendly staff. I hate shops that have jerks behind the counter. The cigar shop would be open at 10 am and would close when the bar did at 2 am. However, the bar would not open till 8pm. No alcohol and firearms in my establishment. Of course all of this would be after a month or two in Fiji. Diving, smoking, and other things.:devilhead

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I would work just enough to keep my benefits, and I would ask my financial planner to mangage as much as possible, so that I didn't blow everything in a year or two. I wouldn't open a cigar shop, but I would hang out at one a whole hell of a lot more.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Open the only deluxe cigar related flyfishing guide service. Best fishing in the world accompanied by the best cigars. Life in the slow lane.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would work... I would get bored... But my money would be doing most of the work for me....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd finish getting my teaching degree but instead of jumping straight into teaching after my History BA, I'd shoot for my masters in Anthropology as well so I could teach History, Anthro, and Humanities at the college level.
I'd also do alot more commissioned leatherwork on the side.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yea, i would say that i would go back for more schooling as well... I will graduate now with a double major..... but i would get a doctorate and what ever else if i could...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah, I'd keep working at the same job. Of course, I'd have bought the company and fired my boss, but I'd still be working at the same job.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Financial Idenpendence is when you can do what you want to do and not what you have to.

I can think of a lot of things I would like to do and showing up at my job is not one of them.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
fredneck said:
You spend $500-600K per year???
Ooops...uh...it was late..yeah, that's it! it was late and uh...my dog aaaaaaate my calculator...yeah...that's right! It was late and my dog ate my calculator!

I guess 5 million dineros would keep me happy for 10-15 years at my current wish-list lifestyle.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'd call in on permanent sick leave (I'm taking that no matter what). I may or may not go back to collect anything I left at work. Whatever's there can be replaced. I'd keep the friends though.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
For you guys that say they would get bored, I say bullshit. With all that money you can go out and do something.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'd quit in a heatbeat. I like my job but I'd like being retired better!!

I'd probably eventually start some sort of business of my own eventually.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
All depends on the amount of money. Given enough, I'd just not show back up...well, maybe for my pictures, but that's it. I could find things to keep me busy, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo problem.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I would quit my current job that day.

I might work or volunteer part-time at various places for something to do but I would have no problem not working ever again.