What's new

Journey of a Renovation Rookie

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Looking for grout brand recommendations if anyone has any...seems like there is a ton out there and none of them seem to be very well liked

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
In a bathroom, I would strongly consider going with an epoxy grout. It is a 100 times harder to install (mostly the clean up side), but it helps retard mold growth (because it is not porous like regular grout) and easier to clean. Also, hot water will eventually eat away and wash out regular grout.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I looked this up, it doesn't appear to be available anywhere but a tile shop locally. The Fusion Pro is an easy pickup at Home Depot. Have you used the Fusion Pro before?
I have not. I believe Lowes carries Maipei. I think Latticrete is only available from Florida Tile in this area too, but I believe they sell to the public not just to contractors.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Laticrete Spectralock grout if you can, or anything with MICROBAN to it.. but without a tile shower enclosure, regular grout will do fine.. You'll just have to do a bit more cleaning to keep the mold/mildew at bey..
I didn't realize you were doing so much to the place, looks really good bro! Sucks that there has been so many issues, but at this point, it's really all for the best... You'll be set for the next decade or so!

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Laticrete Spectralock grout if you can, or anything with MICROBAN to it.. but without a tile shower enclosure, regular grout will do fine.. You'll just have to do a bit more cleaning to keep the mold/mildew at bey..
I didn't realize you were doing so much to the place, looks really good bro! Sucks that there has been so many issues, but at this point, it's really all for the best... You'll be set for the next decade or so!
If by decade you mean 30 years, sounds great ;)