What's new

Journey of a Renovation Rookie

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damn...plumbing is my absolute enemy. I just replaced my 2nd wax ring in 5 years.
I bought a green foam ring a Home Depot. Was about $10 which is about 3 times the cost of a wax ring, but if the toilet moves, it doesn't stay collapsed like the wax does. Could be worth looking into for you! I haven't had any issues with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I use those foam rings exclusively. I buy the "Fluidmaster Better Than Wax", from Lowes for around $7. Just re-did three baths, getting the Jersey house ready to sell. Added new tile floors, and the foam ring accommodated the extra floor height with no leaks. Plus, if you have to take the toilet back up, there's no wax cleanup. I will never, ever, go back to wax again.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
memphsdad, I have to say, for a novice, you're doing a really great job. Are you replacing the toilet in that bath? If so, Sam's Club has an ADA height, dual flush for $89. I just put three in. Far less expensive than anything at the home centers. The toilet has a very strong flush, and the ADA height makes it extremely comfortable.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oh, and I got my vanities and kitchen cabinets from http://www.stockcabinetexpress.com/. All wood boxes (no particle board). Plus the drawers are dove tailed solid wood. Most come with full suspension, soft close drawer hardware. Check the description, as a couple of the entry level ones (K-series & country oak) use standard side mount hardware. Bonus is they are way less expensive than even the cheap, stock particle board cabinets from the home centers. For vanity tops, I just used the in stock granite ones with under mount sinks, from Home Depot and Lowes.

Last edited:

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
memphsdad, I have to say, for a novice, you're doing a really great job. Are you replacing the toilet in that bath? If so, Sam's Club has an ADA height, dual flush for $89. I just put three in. Far less expensive than anything at the home centers. The toilet has a very strong flush, and the ADA height makes it extremely comfortable.
Thanks brother! Not replacing the toilet, the one that was in here was brand new when I bought my house less than 2 years ago.