What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Been reading up on fasting, have a few questions though.
Do you guys go a whole day without eating or have one meal a day?
How about if i have a protein drink?
Not sure if i could go the whole day without eating lol
It's a lot more tricky for diabetics. Even dangerous.Gotta be fully aware of the intricacies. Get figured out what should be done with your meds during the process.

I started out just eating in a 6 or 8 our window of the day, gives the body the other 16 - 18 hours to burn fat and recycle.
Then some days I'll do 20 - 24 hours, or basically one meal a day. Been trying to do that at least once a week.
The reduction in hunger from eating keto has made it surprisingly easy.
Anything over 10 calories will break a fast, but if you need to eat, then it just is what it is.
Since then I've done one 42 hour fast, and one 45. The second day is worst for hunger. They say it drops off drastically after that, but 3rd day is peak for HGH and autophagy benefits, they begin to drop after that.

This article series by Dr. Fung covers about everything you could want to know about fasting.
https://idmprogram.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I'm still of the mind that what it's measuring is just excess Ketones. And the further along you are, the body gets better at producing right near what you need, with less excess. If that's the case, it "shouldn't" have an effect on energy, the other benefits, OR rate of fat burn. Blood or breath ketone meter might give you quite different results as well.
Good to know that's a possibility, and I am feeling that energy and focus again, so hopefully that's what is going on with me. Thanks Jeremy !

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's a lot more tricky for diabetics. Even dangerous.Gotta be fully aware of the intricacies. Get figured out what should be done with your meds during the process.

I started out just eating in a 6 or 8 our window of the day, gives the body the other 16 - 18 hours to burn fat and recycle.
Then some days I'll do 20 - 24 hours, or basically one meal a day. Been trying to do that at least once a week.
The reduction in hunger from eating keto has made it surprisingly easy.
Anything over 10 calories will break a fast, but if you need to eat, then it just is what it is.
Since then I've done one 42 hour fast, and one 45. The second day is worst for hunger. They say it drops off drastically after that, but 3rd day is peak for HGH and autophagy benefits, they begin to drop after that.

This article series by Dr. Fung covers about everything you could want to know about fasting.
https://idmprogram.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/
Thats the articles iv been watching/reading, Dr Fung he is a Diabetes Dr and recommends fasting

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thats the articles iv been watching/reading, Dr Fung he is a Diabetes Dr and recommends fasting
Yeah, it's great for it, but I seem to remember them mentioning that adjusting meds was really important. Don't fully understand as it's not something I'm dealing with. Just want you to be safe.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
But wouldn't metformin be increasing your insulin anyway? Or are you off that now?
No im still taking Metformin, im not real interested(for now anyway) in stopping or lowering the Metformin dose, turns out its good for lots of things, not only Diabetes (Cardiovascular problems for example, i do have that also lol, Cancer and Cellular immunity)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
No im still taking Metformin, im not real interested(for now anyway) in stopping or lowering the Metformin dose, turns out its good for lots of things, not only Diabetes (Cardiovascular problems for example, i do have that also lol, Cancer and Cellular immunity)
I hadn't heard any of that yet about ancillary benefits of metformin, then after you said that I hear these comments on the same subject from this research scientist! Crazy. Interesting stuff.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Have any good recipes?
it's all personal preference and what fits into what you're eating.

my wife is partial to buffalo sauce from the anchor bar, she'll also make herself some garlic parmesan. I'll pick up various BBQ and wing sauces and mix them (with no measuring, just guessing) to see what comes up tasty. So no - nothing concrete sorry!