What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yea im not on insulin just metformin so should be ok, will read up though, better to be safe
Just be thorough about your searching. The amount of incorrect or misinformation in articles regarding it is astounding. Embarrassingly you can find more accurate, scientificly documented and in depth info from reddit, than from major sites and places that should be trustworthy sources.
If you're having trouble finding specific info, or deciphering conflicting info, let me know and I'll see if I can find links that spell it out concretely.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just be thorough about your searching. The amount of incorrect or misinformation in articles regarding it is astounding. Embarrassingly you can find more accurate, scientificly documented and in depth info from reddit, than from major sites and places that should be trustworthy sources.
If you're having trouble finding specific info, or deciphering conflicting info, let me know and I'll see if I can find links that spell it out concretely.
Thanks, i spent a few hrs yesterday reading up on it, seems all the articles i read agree its not a problem for Type 2 diabetics, just about all said its a good move.
Went full keto diet today lol, as i said earlier i was almost there anyway apart from the bread and a few potatoes. Started using the My Fitness Pal app.
we will see how it goes

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Now that looks delish, recipe for the Biscuits? i have some home cured and smoked salmon
Here is the recipe a friend sent me, it does require some Keto tweaks.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/239614/paleo-biscuits/

Here are her notes:
“This is my main “bread” recipe. Substitute stevia for the honey, lessen the salt. I make biscuits, but also spread it in a 9x13 pan, cook for 5 min, then layer cooked breakfast meat (ham or sausage, cooked scrambled eggs & cover with shredded cheese. Cook another 10 min for a great breakfast casserole. Can wrap pieces in plastic wrap and freeze to warm up later.”

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
First day is done, didnt do so well, 42g carbs, ok on the protein, down on the fat at 67, should have been 151 but im way down on the Calories, should have had 1859 only got to 1263, any suggestions? The over on the carbs came from Tomatoes and Cabbage, didnt read up on the tomatoes and just eat too much cabbage

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
First day is done, didnt do so well, 42g carbs, ok on the protein, down on the fat at 67, should have been 151 but im way down on the Calories, should have had 1859 only got to 1263, any suggestions? The over on the carbs came from Tomatoes and Cabbage, didnt read up on the tomatoes and just eat too much cabbage
Cabbage and tomatoes aren't bad in reasonable portions. Are you subtracting fiber from the carbs to get your real net? Fiber is listed as a carb, but it doesn't count as a carb for these purposes as it's not digested like one.

It's not important at all to hit the fat number. That's a limit, not a goal.

It's OK. There will likely be a lot of days you're low when you're not eating empty calories. You don't want to go much under 1200. The goal on average is to be about 20% under maintenance for your size, calculated as sedentary.

Nuts and cheese are a good way to get calories up.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Cabbage and tomatoes aren't bad in reasonable portions. Are you subtracting fiber from the carbs to get your real net? Fiber is considered a carb, but it doesn't count as so for these purposes as it's not digested like a carb.

It's not important at all to hit the fat number. That's a limit, not a goal.

It's OK. There will likely be a lot of days you're low when you're not eating empty calories. You don't want to go much under 1200. The goal is to be about 20% under maintenance for your size, calculated as sedentary.

Nuts and cheese are a good way to get calories up.
Using my fitness pal so its doing the calcs on the net carbs, snacking on nuts as i type lol, thanks for the help