What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Using my fitness pal so its doing the calcs on the net carbs, snacking on nuts as i type lol, thanks for the help
Sometimes the entries and/or calculations aren't totally accurate on there.
If I'm curious I'll usually Google the name of a food and "nutrition info".

Some people have a higher threshold for getting into and remaining in ketosis. I'm closer to the 50 gram level than the recommended <20 but everyone is different.
Of course as a diabetic you want to stay as far on the lower end as possible.
But if you have the equipment you can test your blood sugar after eating tomatoes and see how they affect you.
No problem. Very welcome. Really glad to help in any way possible with this.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The app says 1 tomato is 5 and the cabbage is 6 for 3.5 oz so both seem over what you say, i did have 3 tomatoes so thats 9 instead of 15 carbs and the cabbage seems over also, thanks again

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Dont just stick to meat and cheese and alot of keto diets I have seen simple carbs are free food check into it before your kidneys check out lol
It's definitely better to get in enough vegetables and greens.

But there's a lot of people on a primarily carnivore diet, with no adverse effect on kidneys.

The common knowledge that keto is bad for the kidneys seems to be a myth.

http://www.lindora.com/faq/does-being-in-ketosis-while-dieting-for-weight-loss-cause-kidney-disease-or-damage/

https://perfectketo.com/ketosis-kidney/

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Todays meals for me, just as an example.

Before the gym, about 1/3 a cup of raspberries

After gym, 3 scrambled whole eggs with habanero cheese and two slices of extra thick cut bacon, black coffee with stevia.

Afternoon meal, 1/4 pound grass fed ground sirloin with a slice of pepper cheese and topped with half an avocado with lime juice.

Final meal, about 6 ounces of tuna fish salad made with line caught albacore and mixed with onion, celery, jalapeno and dill, mixed with Koop's Arizona Heat mustard.

Snacks were some almonds, walnuts, pecans, deez nutz, and some celery.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0

After gym, 3 scrambled whole eggs with habanero cheese and two slices of extra thick cut bacon, black coffee with stevia.

Afternoon meal, 1/4 pound grass fed ground sirloin with a slice of pepper cheese and topped with half an avocado with lime juice.

Final meal, about 6 ounces of tuna fish salad made with line caught albacore and mixed with onion, celery, jalapeno and dill, mixed with Koop's Arizona Heat mustard.

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

Mmm. Pretty good day of eating!

Let's see, wasn't a very typical day for me.

Started with 2 cups of coffee with erythritol, heavy whipping cream and a dash of chocolate protein powder. (I'm not really pleased with this new coffee I bought... ;)

Quest chocolate protein shake

Fried egg, 2 pcs bacon, some sautéed zucchini
Whole food multivitamin and a collagen supplement.

Snacks were a couple spoonfulls of peanut butter, walnuts, beef jerky, summer sausage, few pieces of pork skins.

Crack chicken for dinner. (would have had a salad and green beans for a side normally)

Couple of small pieces of 70% dark chocolate.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yesterday:

Breakfast 4 eggs with chocolate muscle milk, coffee with heavy whipping cream and Splenda Zero

Lunch

Cornish hen with steamed broccoli & water

Dinner

Zucchini spaghetti with Prego farmer something or other that's low in carbs with a Fresca

Snack
1/2 cup of cottage cheese

I've been on this since 1/1/19, my goal is to lose 100lbs. So far so good, not missing the carbs really, and I haven't had a "cheat day" either.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Heads up. Crazy deal at Amazon.
salted caramel.JPG

I've never drank protein shakes before. Now my whole family is addicted to them. Everyone is working out more so we can justify the protein shake.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
The picture I saw of that looked so good. Can't wait to try it. And that keto garlic "bread".....
Only leave the noodles in the boiling water about 45 seconds. That’s what the wife did last night & they were perfect. She made some more & left them in the fridge for me to eat for lunch with the leftovers today. I left them in the boiling water about a minute & they were somewhere between a noodle & melted cheese. Still good just not noodlely.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I've been on this since 1/1/19, my goal is to lose 100lbs. So far so good, not missing the carbs really, and I haven't had a "cheat day" either.
Kick ass, Mickey! I am sure you can do it. I'm 36 days in without a cheat day as well. Just be conservative with that Prego, pasta sauces have a decent amount of natural sugar and added sugars.

If I can find a gal to make that for me, I will try it, LOL.

Heads up. Crazy deal at Amazon.
View attachment 129170

I've never drank protein shakes before. Now my whole family is addicted to them. Everyone is working out more so we can justify the protein shake.
Thanks Jeremy!