What's new

Kitty litter crystals

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I use them in a Wine cooler, so when it kicks on, you can have condensation issues, so the KL is in there to suck up any extra humidity that might occur from that or in seasonal changes, or spikes in RH for any reason. The CO Hygr SUcks balls though. I wouldn't trust that thing with my collection of White Owls and Phillies.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I thought CO was supposed to re one of the best. So you keep an extra hygrometer in there as well?
The CO works great, but thee Hygo is off by 7-8% so I keep 2 others in there, 1 on top and one on bottom. I just adjust the CO settings to make up for the faulty hygro and it works just fine. I know having both might seem redundant or excessive, but I figure once summer comes around and the fridge starts turning on, I'll need the KL to help remove some added. Either way it's in there and it works for me.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Why do you use KL with a Cigar Oasis?:scratchhe
I use the heartfelt beads, not KL.

I have an accumonitor system in my humi with extra fans, but I also use the beads. IMO, and it's only my opinion, the beads help to even out the rh throughout the cabinet. I keep a container with beads in my top drawer and on each shelf. That way it keeps the rh more consistant throughout.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Why do you use KL with a Cigar Oasis?:scratchhe

KL/beads can both absorb extra RH and give off RH as a passive slower release to assist the Oasis or set and forget active type units. I keep 1 pound of beads up top to keep RH up top and the Oasis is on the bottom. Since RH rises that set up works very well. KL is working great by them selves in the coolidors.

Re hygros. I only have 1 in the wine cooler and move it to a new shelf at various times with little changes noticed. With the set up as above it works very well and needs little attention. Same with the KL in the coolidors, very little changes now through several cycles of seasons.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
These are still going strong in all the coolidors. No let down in function at all.....

I notice this winter with the house being kept cooler the RH stayed lower than previous years to about 63% RH. I prefer a lower RH so this was a welcome change. I sucpect as the basement warms up the RH will start to rise back to 67%.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
what is the brand that you get? i happened to be in my pet store yesterday and was actually buying kitty litter for my cat and was looking to try to find some of this stuff to at least try in my vinotemp. all of them had the blue crystals in it.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
what is the brand that you get? i happened to be in my pet store yesterday and was actually buying kitty litter for my cat and was looking to try to find some of this stuff to at least try in my vinotemp. all of them had the blue crystals in it.

DO NOT USE THOSE! The stuff I bought I heard is discontinued was Pearl Fresh Beads by Exquisicat. You have to get the ones that consist of silica sand, oxygen, and water. Anything else I can not help you.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Bump for the Tubaman....

Basement has warmed up some and with the rainy season the RH is back up to about 65% now.
Why bump this for me? My heatfelt beads work just fine. You use whatever you want and I'll do the same. You said in the other thread you don't need to try to convince anyone they work, so don't.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Why bump this for me? My heatfelt beads work just fine. You use whatever you want and I'll do the same. You said in the other thread you don't need to try to convince anyone they work, so don't.
You could really use a chill pill. Don't read it if it bothers you.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ye could use one yerself. As I told ye already, respect if ye wish to be respected. Kevin has earned well deserved respect in this board through his actions, while ye already got a thread banned.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ye could use one yerself. As I told ye already, respect if ye wish to be respected. Kevin has earned well deserved respect in this board through his actions, while ye already got a thread banned.
I could use one myself? I've never acted like a joke was a personal attack on myself. And the thread was banned because it was about a topic that I didn't know should be discussed.

Please, don't even respond. You guys take things so personal and get offended way too easily.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
:wtf:
Some people say kitty litter works just as well...
Some people say NCs are as good as CCs...
Some people think Bud Lite is as good as any imported brew...
Some people say masterbating is as good as the real thing...

I don't listen to these people.
hahahahahahaha damn that was good stuff... right now an issue of the rolling stones has a deal going on where you can get like 6 domestic cigars and a 20 carrying humidor for 15 bucks... shouldnt i just go with that insteat of the beads or the kitty litter..????

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I could use one myself? I've never acted like a joke was a personal attack on myself. And the thread was banned because it was about a topic that I didn't know should be discussed.

Please, don't even respond. You guys take things so personal and get offended way too easily.
Boys, I got to get me some of them Chill pills, Hell I ain't had no magic pills since the sixties. How about a pills for cigars trade.

cigarhew unfortunately I think you got snookered into a couple of old time board members shinnin each other. Banger and Tuba have 5 BoMs between them and obviously have everyone's respect here. If they were angry they would take it to PMs and no ones the wiser. I know it can appear they are throwin down, trust me that does not happen on this board, in fact some of the most memorable threads have started just that way.
As far as the banned thread we've all had a few laughs about it and MOST of us have forgotten about it. As far as not responding or getting offended that ain't the way I roll. I hope you don't take offense, as none was intended.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Yeah, I need to go take some more Xanax!!

Hey Steve, you better go take cover!!! I'm off this week and I'm coming down there to duke it out with you!! I'm mad as hell about this thread and I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

And by the way, thank you to those of you that made such kind statements in our defense. It's nice to know guys have your back!:blushlove

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Those that do now know, Kevin was my sponsor in the newbie thread when I first came on the board. I met Kevin several times and we are friendly and kid around sometimes. Black and white comes off wrong sometimes. All good here.

Bumped for Tuba cause I know he is not a fan of KL. :razz:

Bumped the updated RH levels for those that care. I was concerned this winter because for the first time the RH dropped pretty low (63%) due to the cold basement. The RH is now rising with the warmer weather.

I am not scared of the Tubaman anymore, bring it on Tuba and you better have part of the brass section with you calling me out like that. :boxing: