What's new

Kitty litter crystals

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Woah brother. Might want to take a step back there. Mark is one of THE most trustworthy brothers I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I trust Mark completely. I also trust the gentleman who Runs Heartfelt Industries. I knew both of them through the boards before either started a business. NEITHER would intentionally put their friends or customers at risk.

It's one thing to have an intelligent discussion/debate into the merits of one product over another and how each one works, it is completely another to start throwing around accusations like that.

My appologies to Mark if I offended him (or anyone else) I don't beleive Mark or David would sell anything that would put a BOTL at risk. Mark I in no way wanted to offend you, I'm truely sorry if I did. I'll try my best to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I quit using florist foam to get away from the PG and do not want to use any chemicals in humidifing my cigars. In using 100% silica, super absorbant polymers and distilled water I think I'm as close as I can get.

Again if it were called anything but kitty litter most people would not have a problem with it, I know I was a little leary of using kitty litter at first and started with one cooler, after seeing the results I used it in everything.

Use whatever you feel comfortable with.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Woah brother. Might want to take a step back there. Mark is one of THE most trustworthy brothers I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I trust Mark completely. I also trust the gentleman who Runs Heartfelt Industries. I knew both of them through the boards before either started a business. NEITHER would intentionally put their friends or customers at risk.

It's one thing to have an intelligent discussion/debate into the merits of one product over another and how each one works, it is completely another to start throwing around accusations like that.
Thank you sir......

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Man I missed out on one helluva a discussion.

Kitty litter, silica beads, MSDS, Chili.....throw some whips and chains in there and you have a website business.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I'd be curious what these things hold the RH at in the dead of winter. I could put pasta in my cabinet right now and my hygrometer would still say 65-66%.

With that being said, I am gonna have to side with those saying that it is safer to stick with a proven method. It is still a small price to pay compared to the value of some of the collections I've seen.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'd be curious what these things hold the RH at in the dead of winter. I could put pasta in my cabinet right now and my hygrometer would still say 65-66%.

With that being said, I am gonna have to side with those saying that it is safer to stick with a proven method. It is still a small price to pay compared to the value of some of the collections I've seen.
Would, I'm sure, vary on parts of the country. Probably react differently to winter down here in FL than say Omaha.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
During this past summer the RH averaged 68&#37; (usually 67-69%). During the drier winter months due to forced heat, I have added less water this year. With a newly calibrated digital hygro is reading 66% (usually 65-67%).

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
im using Xikar bead humidifyer. but i will be getting some heartfelt for my new humidor to acomidate more cigars. the Xikar is working well id just like to support our Brothers and their buisinesses

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Kitty Litter coolidor holding at 67%, Heartfelt Bead cooledor holding at 66%.

Go figure.