What's new

Kitty Litter - Experience so far

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Was at 70% last night before I changed over. Added about 3/4lb in various spots in the wineador with no water added to the litter. At 63% this morning. Very pleased so far especially considering the investment.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Was at 70% last night before I changed over. Added about 3/4lb in various spots in the wineador with no water added to the litter. At 63% this morning. Very pleased so far especially considering the investment.
I like the thought of saving money for more cigar purchases!

I still have at least 3/4 of a bag left but need to get my brothers started on a better setup for their storage.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the KL. Tried it a couple of weeks ago before realizing that the stuff (at least the Walmart Mimi KL) doesn't automatically regulate RH like the Heartfelt beads. I guess Heartfelt adds some sort of salt solution that does the trick. I just don't want to have to fiddle around with things like that.

But I'm currently using it to recharge my Boveda packs.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 28 bottle New Air AW280 wineadoir with 6 drawers in there from Forrest and I am using about 2 lbs. of 70% HF beads. Thinking of giving the kitty litter a try because I am getting about 68% humidity on the bottom, 62% on the top and the middle sits right at 75%. Wondering if the KL will work better. Wondering if the reason the middle is so high is it is right in from of the wineadoirs fan. I worry about over humidifying the sticks in the middle drawer.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I have a 28 bottle New Air AW280 wineadoir with 6 drawers in there from Forrest and I am using about 2 lbs. of 70% HF beads. Thinking of giving the kitty litter a try because I am getting about 68% humidity on the bottom, 62% on the top and the middle sits right at 75%. Wondering if the KL will work better. Wondering if the reason the middle is so high is it is right in from of the wineadoirs fan. I worry about over humidifying the sticks in the middle drawer.
I use KL and it works great. But if you have already invested in the beads. I would not change. I think a fan is a better option. Add a small computer fan in the bottom of the unit. Run the wires thru the drain hole and out the back of the unit. Attaché the wires to a timer. I am using the Zoo Med Aqua timer (at least this unit looks exactly like the one I bought a few years ago). This runs abou $10.50 on Amazon Prime. I set mine to run for 15 minutes every hour. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a small PC fan on the bottom blowing the air up. When it's on that's when the humidity get's the highest in that middle drawer.