Known Risks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Be cautious fellas. A friend of mine got a letter instead of a package

He also ordered a book off of Amazon and it had a postal stamp that said "media mail subject to inspection" He nor I have never seen this stamp put on a package before? Has anyone else?

Last edited:

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Be cautious fellas. A friend of mine got a letter instead of a package

He also ordered a book off of Amazon and it had a postal stamp that said "media mail subject to inspection" He nor I have never seen this stamp put on a package before? Has anyone else?
Was it to appear in court?

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Media Mail has been subject to inspection for quite a while to prevent people from sending ineligible items at the reduced rate:

Postal Inspection

Media Mail is not sealed against postal inspection. Regardless of physical closure, the mailing of articles at Media Mail prices constitutes consent by the mailer to postal inspection of the contents.
http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/473.htm

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Like Asher said, it's always been that way. If it's heavy and doesn't have to be there in a hurry, then media mail is always a cheaper option to priority.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
There hasn't been any cigar buyers fined by ofac for a few months now. Not taking a priority anymore?
It will be me...Just watch. :angeryell
Thanks for the bump never noticed this before. Nice info on here!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I agree, Thanks for the bump. I know this is such a simple question for most of the vets here, but I really do not know if a cigar is a cuban or not. I just go into the B&M and grab singles that I like, I do not usually purchase from online retailers. Does anything that says "habano" mean that it is of cuban origin? Thanks!

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I agree, Thanks for the bump. I know this is such a simple question for most of the vets here, but I really do not know if a cigar is a cuban or not. I just go into the B&M and grab singles that I like, I do not usually purchase from online retailers. Does anything that says "habano" mean that it is of cuban origin? Thanks!
no that is not the case. Alot of time habana refers to ISOM cigars.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Uh, wow...not sure where to start with this....

Okay uh, so like, you know, if it comes from Cuba? Yeah, then it's Cuban.

But if it comes from anywhere else? It's not Cuban.

Everything in the b&ms here come from anywhere BUT Cuba because, well, Cubans are illegal and shit. So that means (regardless of what confusing-assed labels the cigar manufacturers put on them) absolutely every cigar for sale on the shelf at any b&m in the United States is *NOT* of Cuban origin.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks, I did not mean to sound stupid, but I don't really give thought to the brands origin. I see "cohibas" in the B&M's here, but then I hear that Cohiba's are cc's. So I am confused I guess.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
it most definitely can be confusing, but like sheep said, nothing for sale in the u.s. is cuban. the brand names are being used to get people to sucker into buying them with the idea that they might be a good cigar!

Status
Not open for further replies.