Stick #7: Viaje Oro
Stick #8: BLTC Morphine
Stick #9: AVO Heritage
Stick #10: Headley Grange Drumstick
Stick #11: 2014 Illusione Holy Lance
Stick #12: L'Atelier Lancero
Stick #13: Warped El Oso Mama
Stick #14: Cain F Tubo

This was a great stick, got it from a brother last year, and had to give it a go after reading @King Kill 33 review.
Spot on brother, this baby was good to the nub.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

5th Lancero this month. Very creamy, not much pepper to me except right at first and still very little. Straight burn all the way, just went out on me 3 times. I still struggle with flavors, but it was tasty. Ranked 3rd behind the Holy Lance and Cain F and ahead of the Oliva V and JdNA.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
View attachment 59100
Crux Cigar's Ninfamaniac Dark
Are we counting these for Lancero February? Technically it's a ninfa vitola 7x33, closed foot and cap. We count PL's, but I'll defer to others for the official ruling.
I've had a head cold for the last two weeks and was dying to get back into any cigar. I knew I was going to be off work early and by a B&M, so I had planned on picking something up for the drive home.
My palate is still really muted, so I was hoping to pick something really bold. I didn't know what to expect from this. The salesman really liked these, so I decided to trust his judgement. I probably wouldn't have picked this up on my own, because the band is a real turn off. The construction, on the other hand, is real top notch. I could hardly pick out any seams, and the tapered ends are razor sharp. It is packed very solid and the draw was almost too tight for my taste.
The first few puffs tasted of dark chocolate and raisins from an oatmeal cookie. Then the spices came to the forefront and reminded me of blackened chicken alfredo. Through the rest of the first half, the spices with every puff built on top of the previous one without subsiding in between, until it felt like I was smoking tobasco. The flavors evened out on the back half. Unfortunately, my half recovered palate isn't able to pick up on any subtle flavors that may have followed, and I got some harshness from a couple of bad re-lights on my part while driving. Not the optimal conditions to review a stick, but I was just happy to finally get back into the game. I still enjoyed it and would probably try another once I'm back to 100%
These things are crack, I would recommend a revisit in the future when you aren't sick.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
LFD from 2007 I belive with Pappy lot b.
So far surprising amount of body and spice for a cigar with this age. Pepper in the back of the throat and on the retrohale. Dried fruit dominates dark rasin touch of bitterness. some nut notes but the nut flavor is pretty muted.

Really good cigar.

Old band

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424488665.086566.jpg
These aren't gonna wow ya, but they are a great smoke in a PL size. Consistent, good burn and great profile. If you have willpower, and space, age a few of these for about 5 years. You won't be disappointed. This one wasn't aged, but still a fine smoke.
Rated:87

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias
View attachment 59129
These aren't gonna wow ya, but they are a great smoke in a PL size. Consistent, good burn and great profile. If you have willpower, and space, age a few of these for about 5 years. You won't be disappointed. This one wasn't aged, but still a fine smoke.
Rated:87
Yup == totally great every day smoke, in any Vitola. I prefer the Petite Lance, but...

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Day 1: Lost City
Day 2: Fausto
Day 3: La Riqueza
Day 4: Cabaiguan Guapos
Day 5: La Casita Criolla
Day 6: Tat Red
Day 7: Tat Brown, 7-20-4
Day 8: Opus X PL, La Palina Black PL
Day 9: Valeroso
Day 10: Viaje Exclusivo, Tat black PL
Day 11: Snare Drum
Day 12: Pepin Blue
Day 13: La Aurora 107
Day 14: MF #4, BOTL 2012
Day 15: Nat Sherman 1930 8x38 "super lancero"
Day 16: Fonseca Cubano Limitado
Day 17: Caldwell LLTK Jalapeño
Day 18: Edgar Hoill
Day 19: Illusione Holy Lance Candela
Day 20: Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Lancero

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424499007.362164.jpg

Cinnamon. Both the wrapper I unwrapped from the cedar and the cap that was not cedar wrapped exude cinnamon. The medium brown wrapper has as few veins as I've ever seen on a leaf of any kind. Smooth as a baby bottom. The barrel of the cigar is a slightly flattened cylinder with perfect consistency of a medium-plus pack.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424499025.431437.jpg

A straight cut with the Xikar lips the pigtail with no wrapper tearing. More cinnamon; a touch of citrus. I've stored the stick myself since last summer, and I'm told it's got years on it. Maybe someone can tell from the DC band? I know they changed, and I think this is the "new" one but I don't know when that was.

More cinnamon on the first light. Nuttiness that wasn't there at all, cold. The wrapper is absolutely delicious on the lips. I'm licking them just to taste it. A hint of spicy heat, a coating of aged savoryness, more cinnamon, and sugar.

Draw is dead on: slight resistance. Smoke output is decent, not overwhelming.

Complexities of flavor are starting in the first alf inch. Suddenly a puff of black truffle-- I can feel it between my teeth as though I'm chewing it. The ever present cinnamon stick. A lot of high sweetness. This is fun. A naturally slow smoker (thus my lancero fetish), I have to make myself take it easy.

Some pepper building up at the back of the throat, but not much. Not enough to interfere with The retrohale, where I'm getting fried egg.

The cinnamon and pepper are the longest aspects of the finish, and the wrapper continues to sweeten my lips.

I am less than an inch into this cigar.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424499054.635328.jpg

Burn is razor. Entering 2nd third and still getting that occasional truffle blast.

I intended to pair with the grapefruit Pellegrino but I've been too engrossed to crack it! I'll try now.

This is one of the best constructed cigars I've ever smoked. Burn stayed absolutely perfect. None of the Fuente glue issues on the wrapper. Band came off like a champ.

I'm going to call this medium-plus to full strength-- I'm feeling it a little bit.

Not a lot of transition action. The cinnamon nearly overwhelms at times. But my personal preference would be to have a couple of boxes of these aging away in the back of the wineador. Someday!

Smoking time: 8:15pm to 10:15pm -- 2 hours.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424499246.530678.jpg

Ranked top to bottom thus far:

Lost City
Opus X PL
BOTL 2012
Don Carlos
Fonseca Cubano Limitado lancero.
La Riqueza
7-20-4
La Aurora 107
Tat brown
MF #4
La Palina Black PL
Viaje Exclusivo
Tat Black PL
Pepin Blue
La Casita Criolla
Nat Sherman 1930 8x38 "super lancero"
Snare Drum
Valeroso
Cabaiguan Guapos
Tat red
Fausto
Illusione Holy Lance Candela
Edgar Hoill
Caldwell LLTK Jalapeño

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
La Aroma de Cuba Edition Especial
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424547795.314163.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424547805.381530.jpg
Appearance: Rough, rustic, veiny
Cold draw: haha, I never cold draw.
First third: slight spice, sweet cream.
Second third: sweet cream, toffee, peanuts
Third third: toffee, creamy peanut butter
Overall, this stick is and will always be one of my favorite Lanceros. Too bad they are so damn HTF. It's a solid medium start to finish. The overall feel of the wrapper is much tougher than the regular EE release. No worries on burn, razor all the way and no relights. If you see one, grab it... FOR ME!!! No, Jk try one for yourself. Great morning smoke with a nice cup of coffee.
Rated:93

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Ranked top to bottom thus far:

Lost City
Opus X PL
BOTL 2012
Fonseca Cubano Limitado lancero.
La Riqueza
7-20-4
La Aurora 107
Tat brown