Stick #8: BLTC Morphine
Stick #9: AVO Heritage
Stick #10: Headley Grange Drumstick
Stick #11: 2014 Illusione Holy Lance
Stick #12: L'Atelier Lancero
Stick #13: Warped El Oso Mama
Stick #14: Cain F Tubo
Stick #15: Warped La Colmena No. 36 Natural Lancero

I've said it before about the Warped El Oso, this is definately another example of New School done right. Wrapped in a traditional cuban style with pigtail triple cap, this stick is very well made. The closed foot just tops off the style points in my book.

I purchased some of these Warped cigars not so long ago not expecting too much. Been around long enough to see many flash in the pan types get all hyped up attention and their sticks are duds to me. Not so with these. I am very impressed by the quality of the build, and the flavors have been great. This had a range from woody, to floral, some mild sweetness, some nuttiness mixed in and out. A wonderful smoke.

If you haven't tried any Warped Cigars, please do, if you don't like em, then your just broken. And I'll take the remaining sticks off your hands out of sympathy for your broken state.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Daruma mutante

This smoke started out great but I could not keep it lit to save my life. It opened up really smooth, lots of cocoa and a hint of coffee, it shifted to cherry and dried fruit with a unique tartness on the palette. The next hour was pretty much cocoa all the way through with the occasional reemergence of the tartness and a floral aroma that would come and go. Minus the relight issues I enjoyed this cigar but as Master shake pointed out in the chat I cant help but imagine all the relights did not have some impact on the flavor. I will have to revisit this one.

On a side note this has one of the flakiest bordering on explosive ashes I have ever seen, never hung on for more than a half an inch at a time.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0

Caldwell Eastern Standard Silk Road

Nice looking stick. It had a good burn and smoke output. Draw was slightly tight, but manageable. For a lancero, the ash held on much longer than normal, averaging 1 1/2"+. This stick wasn't very complex, but it had nice flavors of pepper, cream, nuts, and a little cedar. As a side note, I only had 3 weeks humidor time on it, and I feel like it will be better with some extra down time. I have one more that I'll let sit for quite a while longer before I make my final call. For now, this one didn't wow me, but was most certainly enjoyable.
Final score: 87

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
La Flor Dominica
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424629130.390191.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424629141.737961.jpg
Old ass band = well aged beauty. Spice the entire length, but not a palate wrecking spice. Black pepper notes mostly but a nice veggie green pepper note popped in from time to time. Gradually ramped up on creaminess towards the end. I'm not a fan of 'fresh' LFD but I'd smoke these aged beauties 8 days a week!
Rated:91

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I got mine from a B&M last week. They had probably 8 left. I agree fresh I don't have much interest but these were tasty. Mine was full bodied during the final third.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Late in the game to be starting Lancero February, but I have a pretty good excuse lol. Here's my first El Oso Mama. It's pretty good. I'm trying to figure out what my amateur palate is tasting. I might be getting a small hint of cocoa. Or that might be the brownies I ate an hour or two ago. It doesn't have a lot of spice, so far.

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Lancero February:
Stick #1: L40 by Drew Estates
Stick #2: 2014 TAA by CyB
Stick #3: 2012 Illusione Holy Lance
Stick #4: DPG Original Blue
Stick #5: Room 101 Master Collection One Mutante
Stick #6: Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970
Stick #7: Viaje Oro
Stick #8: BLTC Morphine
Stick #9: AVO Heritage
Stick #10: Headley Grange Drumstick
Stick #11: 2014 Illusione Holy Lance
Stick #12: L'Atelier Lancero
Stick #13: Warped El Oso Mama
Stick #14: Cain F Tubo
Stick #15: Warped La Colmena No. 36 Natural Lancero
Stick #16: Room 101 Master Collection Three Mutante

I refrained from enjoying the Scotch until I had a good half down with this stick since it was the first one I've had. @chad202 , Thanks again brother for this stick. It didn't dissapoint. It had lots of cedar, lots of pepper, and was very reminiscent of a good Tatuaje stick. I made sure I was being honest with the smoke since I went into it hoping it was as great as it looked. It was perfectly in my wheelhouse. The pepper on the retrohale was mild at times, but smacked ya right in the kisser on others. I loved it. Good amount of vitamin N as well in this stick, which I never complain about. This isn't a stick for the faint of heart. It's got the goods for sure. Had variety start to finish with a little something different floating around in the background every couple puffs.

@jonnylieberman I told you I'd let you know when I found some. Well I still haven't found them at my B&M but Charles hooked a brother up with two, and it's worth the wait to find them. Box worthy in my opinion.

Good stuff for sure.