What's new

lanceros lanceros lanceros!

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
they got it for $6 not a bad stick for the price the jury is still out I don't want to hit too fast so I'll post after the 2/3

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Had no idea the v's were that reasonable in a lance.

Not to thread jack, but I'm just curious. With all the lance love around here, what are your thoughts about the NUB (for lack of a better word) craze? Is it all BS? I mean I've had some of those vitolas I've loved and some I haven't. But if lances are soooo good, wouldn't their opposite by default be "overrated" or something?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Is 8 1/4 x 50 too wide a RG to be considered a lance?

My local B&M has a box of these (Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro "A") that have the most amazing plume. The box hasn't been touched that I can tell. They're taunting me from the top shelf every time I go in there. $29/pop. But god damn they look amazing. I'll post a pic if I can take one.

Last edited:

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Is 8 1/4 x 50 too wide a RG to be considered a lance?

My local B&M has a box of these (Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro "A") that have the most amazing plume. The box hasn't been touched that I can tell. They're taunting me from the top shelf every time I go in there and I don't have the guts to reach up & check the price. I'm guessing at least $35/pop. But god damn they look amazing. I'll post a pic if I can take one.
Def $30+ each. They look tasty though!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Had no idea the v's were that reasonable in a lance.

Not to thread jack, but I'm just curious. With all the lance love around here, what are your thoughts about the NUB (for lack of a better word) craze? Is it all BS? I mean I've had some of those vitolas I've loved and some I haven't. But if lances are soooo good, wouldn't their opposite by default be "overrated" or something?
I personally don't like NUB cigars or the Nub craze (short stick with a high RG). I got introduced to lanceros and now they are my favorite vitola. Not that I dont smoke other sizes but, lanceros give you a lot of flavor from the wrapper which I truly like.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I am opposed to nubs. No not really, but I think the marketing for 'the best part of the cigar', being the final third (allegedly) is a bit transparent. Unless they roll a 60x12 and cut the first 2/3 off (crazy talk, I know). IMO, the reason why some like the final third the best has nothing to do with the leaves, but the smoke and heat being drawn by when the first 2/3 and its effect on the back end while its being smoked. Sorry, don't get me started on nubs...

Eddy hit it on the head though. Much of why we love lanceros is based on the wrapper:filler ratio. Plus, I fully appreciate the skill that goes into rolling one. Also, don't expect the Lancero to give the same flavor profile as other vitolas in the same 'blend'. Partly due to the ratio, but also the fact that in most cases only 3 leaves are used in the length of the cigar.

-KK33-

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I agree, I like how the blends differ with lanceros. Like mentioned above the wrapper to filler ratio is much better in my eyes. At a local B&M they all love 60+ RGs it seems, when they do smoke a lance or something smaller they have called it a Matt sized vitola haha.

Sent from your mothers phone

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I agree with you guys most likely- it always seemed gimmicky. But I have had a few "nubby size" sticks that were exceptional. I've never smoked a lance (kk33 already has me on that in the I've never had thread). I was just curious what y'all thought.

For instance, a dpg blue might be my all time fav smoke. I almost always smoke the toro size. Can't imagine liking a different vitola in that blend, but I'm getting more curious about this topic all the time.

I do have a drumstick resting- as soon as my thermometer reads 60+ next week, I'm gonna have to try it out. Been too damn cold for months to smoke something that big.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Yeah, that whole "The Nub" idea is foolishness. The only reason a "nub" would be a good idea is if someone prefers that ring gauge and they want a quick smoke. Otherwise it's just nonsensical.

I've yet to try a lancero. The closest I've come to one is a double corona. I was at the local BM yesterday and I don't think I saw even one of them. I asked if they had any Tatuaje's and he showed me one. I told him I was surprised that he didn't carry more as they are great cigars and popular too. He said that they are only popular online...I ended the conversation there. He was a rocky patel dealer anyway. He does have a shit ton of OpusX though. Anyway back to lanceros...lol

What's the best Lancero to get my feet wet? I like full bodied, medium to full strength.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Yeah, that whole "The Nub" idea is foolishness. The only reason a "nub" would be a good idea is if someone prefers that ring gauge and they want a quick smoke. Otherwise it's just nonsensical.

I've yet to try a lancero. The closest I've come to one is a double corona. I was at the local BM yesterday and I don't think I saw even one of them. I asked if they had any Tatuaje's and he showed me one. I told him I was surprised that he didn't carry more as they are great cigars and popular too. He said that they are only popular online...I ended the conversation there. He was a rocky patel dealer anyway. He does have a shit ton of OpusX though. Anyway back to lanceros...lol

What's the best Lancero to get my feet wet? I like full bodied, medium to full strength.
Oliva V Lancero is a good start. Tatuaje especiales, Room 101 Daruma, OG Brown label tat.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
No problem. I personally LOVE the Room 101 Daruma as well. Its so tasty