What's new

lanceros lanceros lanceros!

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Gran Habano Zulu Zulu
Pedro Martin Royal Lancero (get 'em why you can, this is a solid stick)
Headley Grange Drumstick
Oliva Serie V
LFD Double Ligero Camaroon

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The Oliva V Lancero is strong, burns well and is delicious.

As far as delicious though. Most of the lances are.

Yea, the Oliva V is a good one. But you'll notice it's nowhere near as strong as the other vitolas. Pretty strong, though. The L40 is pretty strong, too, as is the Cromagnon Altal, and the Viaje Exclusivo. But cigars like the Cain F, JdN Antano, and Opus lance are legit strong for any format. Even so, I think that Lito makes the strongest lanceros I've had--even stronger than the Opus.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very interesting, informative read from back in 2008 on the growth in popularity of lanceros

Here is the link:

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/The-Love-of-Lanceros_9116

Here are the cliff notes:

"It's the best size that I make," says Carlos (Carlito) Fuente Jr., who is sometimes seen smoking the long, thin versions of his Fuente Fuente OpusX or Arturo Fuente Don Carlos cigars.

"Love lanceros," says Pete Johnson, creator of the Tatuaje brand. "They were part of my original six brown-label sizes five years ago. I was making this in early 2003 when everyone was running from them, except maybe Carlito."

When asked what kind of customer buys a lancero, Michael Herklots, general manager of the Davidoff shop in Columbus Circle in New York City, answered, "An educated one. A confident one. A lancero smoker is the same type of customer who buys a Schrader RBS Cabernet—he doesn't need a trophy that other people recognize as great. He or she knows it's great, and that's enough."

Fidel Castro is "the father of the size," says Cigar Aficionado European editor James Suckling, an avowed lover of lanceros and an expert on the cigars of Cuba.

The first, the Cohiba Lancero, was only for Castro when it was first created, and when the Cohiba brand became commercially available, Castro cast another cigar mystique with the diplomatic Trinidad, a cigar the same size as a Cohiba Lancero, and available only as a gift of the Cuban government.

Cigarmakers say they believe in the lancero size, even if they are not big sellers. "We made it for connoisseurs and for ourselves," says Oliva. "We are not worried about the numbers." Says Johnson of his Tatuaje lancero: "Not the best seller, but I would never discontinue the size, because I smoke it myself."

Part of the reluctance for some to light up a lancero is that of image. While the lancero can project stately connoisseurship, some might find it signals effeminacy—it's not for those looking to make a chest-pounding statement.

If the slender cigar does not threaten one's masculinity, it could threaten the wallet. Because of the skill required to roll a lancero properly, and the need for large, pristine, high-quality wrapper leaves, the cost can be higher than that of fatter cigars of similar length.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
When asked what kind of customer buys a lancero, Michael Herklots, general manager of the Davidoff shop in Columbus Circle in New York City, answered, "An educated one. A confident one. A lancero smoker is the same type of customer who buys a Schrader RBS Cabernet—he doesn't need a trophy that other people recognize as great. He or she knows it's great, and that's enough."

We all couldn't have said it better ourselves ;)

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Very interesting, informative read from back in 2008 on the growth in popularity of lanceros

Here is the link:

"It's the best size that I make," says Carlos (Carlito) Fuente Jr., who is sometimes seen smoking the long, thin versions of his Fuente Fuente OpusX or Arturo Fuente Don Carlos cigars.

"Love lanceros," says Pete Johnson, creator of the Tatuaje brand. "They were part of my original six brown-label sizes five years ago. I was making this in early 2003 when everyone was running from them, except maybe Carlito."

Fidel Castro is "the father of the size," says Cigar Aficionado European editor James Suckling, an avowed lover of lanceros and an expert on the cigars of Cuba.

The first, the Cohiba Lancero, was only for Castro when it was first created, and when the Cohiba brand became commercially available, Castro cast another cigar mystique with the diplomatic Trinidad, a cigar the same size as a Cohiba Lancero, and available only as a gift of the Cuban government.

Cigarmakers say they believe in the lancero size, even if they are not big sellers. "We made it for connoisseurs and for ourselves," says Oliva. "We are not worried about the numbers." Says Johnson of his Tatuaje lancero: "Not the best seller, but I would never discontinue the size, because I smoke it myself."

Part of the reluctance for some to light up a lancero is that of image. While the lancero can project stately connoisseurship, some might find it signals effeminacy—it's not for those looking to make a chest-pounding statement.

If the slender cigar does not threaten one's masculinity, it could threaten the wallet. Because of the skill required to roll a lancero properly, and the need for large, pristine, high-quality wrapper leaves, the cost can be higher than that of fatter cigars of similar length.
Exactly! Thank you for posting this.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Does anyone know if they brought back the JdN Cabinetta No.13? I thought they had discontinued them over a year ago, but I was just able to snag a few from the devil site.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know if they brought back the JdN Cabinetta No.13? I thought they had discontinued them over a year ago, but I was just able to snag a few from the devil site.

I bought one at my B&M 4 days ago, they had half a box, but I don't really know anything about it...how long he's had them, etc.

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not technically a lancero, the Padron panatela is the closest thing they make. One of my absolutely favorites. I'll take a lancero over any other vitola.

I also love the LFD double ligero lancero. And, if you can find one hidden in a B&M somewhere, or find one for sale, grab the old Pepin lancero sampler that had 2 each of the blue, black, jj, jj maduro, and el centurions.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0

I bought one at my B&M 4 days ago, they had half a box, but I don't really know anything about it...how long he's had them, etc.
While I usually like to support Famous, they don't have them instock... so....

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/72079/joya-de-nicaragua-cabinetta/

Rating - 100%
51   0   0

Here is the link:

Thanks!

I've never had a lancero (okay, there's many shapes and sizes I've not yet tried) and was wondering why they seem so popular.

I'll have to pick a couple up to try.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Here is the link:

Thanks!

I've never had a lancero (okay, there's many shapes and sizes I've not yet tried) and was wondering why they seem so popular.

I'll have to pick a couple up to try.

I would suggest an Oliva V for your first, but then again I have only had a select few myself. The Olive V lance though, is incredible.

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
ever since jumping on the BOTL last month I've been hearing Lanceros Lanceros Lanceros, been smoking for 2 years dedicated now and once never had one, that ends today im gonna head to the B&M and grab an Oliva V I'm really excited actually thanks brothers

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ever since jumping on the BOTL last month I've been hearing Lanceros Lanceros Lanceros, been smoking for 2 years dedicated now and once never had one, that ends today im gonna head to the B&M and grab an Oliva V I'm really excited actually thanks brothers
If you already like Oliva V's then IMO that is a very good one to start with.

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If you already like Oliva V's then IMO that is a very good one to start with.
yeah I'm up on the Oliva V's so I hope my B&M has it in Lancero

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Ordered 2 Illusione Holy Lances thanks to the latest cigar deals thread post