What's new

Las Calaveras EL 2016

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@JonHuber can you share when we can expect to see the LC16s hit retailers (and forgive me if this info is had been posted)? I'm hoping to pick up a box to to celebrate when my son arrives in a few weeks, but if they're not going to be out by the end of the month, I may need to find a box of Angel's Anvil instead.

And ignore the complaints about La Imperiosa. We should consider ourselves lucky to have a had a fantastic limited edition blend become regular production. And it's not like the LC14s were priced at $15+.

Keep killing it; keep taking my money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
@JonHuber can you share when we can expect to see the LC16s hit retailers (and forgive me if this info is had been posted)? I'm hoping to pick up a box to to celebrate when my son arrives in a few weeks, but if they're not going to be out by the end of the month, I may need to find a box of Angel's Anvil instead.

And ignore the complaints about La Imperiosa. We should consider ourselves lucky to have a had a fantastic limited edition blend become regular production. And it's not like the LC14s were priced at $15+.

Keep killing it; keep taking my money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm one of the few that doesn't love the LC14s (still have some, and smoked one recently) but I'm a big fan of the La Imperiosa. I don't know how similar the blends are but they do not taste that similar to me (give me the La Imperiosa over LC14 all day)
I don't really see the point of making that comment here but you're 100% wrong BTW. 2015 isn't a regular production cigar. And the 14 was a similar blend to the La Imperosa but in all different sizes. So frankly speaking it's not the same cigar as wrapper/filler ratio's affect the flavor so they won't be the same cigar.
Same wrapper, same filler, same cigar.
So your telling me that every cigar that is just made in a different viola should be wrapped and marketed as a different cigar?
The JD Howard 48 and the JD HOWARD 50 are the same cigar in different vitolas. Duh

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really looking forward to this release. Has anyone smoked any of the prerelease sticks? If so which vitola? Thoughts? I am not looking for comparison to previous years, because I already know its going to be a different experience, but looking to see which vitola showcases the blend best. Thanks.

-Shake

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Really looking forward to this release. Has anyone smoked any of the prerelease sticks? If so which vitola? Thoughts? I am not looking for comparison to previous years, because I already know its going to be a different experience, but looking to see which vitola showcases the blend best. Thanks.

-Shake
I can't speak to what the intention of the blend is, or which vitola best portrays that intention. @JonHuber will have to answer that. I can tell you that I was lucky enough to smoke samples and the profile is BOLD with powerful coffee and spice notes, with sweetness in the back of palate and on the retro, and the construction was 100% flawless on every vitola. IMO I preferred the LC46 the best, but love the classic LC50 vitola that seems to be sticking with each LC release, and the Piramides 52 vitola was the most intense of the bunch. Intensely delicious. This may be the best LC release we have seen yet.

But what do I know... I'm a slut for CH and Jon knows it. lol I'll let him chime in.