What's new

Late night smoking and discussion thread

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I’m up late and want an opinion so I figure why not try this thread.....

View attachment 119358
My first Curivari. Is this smoke remenisant of the brand? The first 1/3 reminds me of what I remember of an opus. I haven’t smoked an opus in the better part of 15 years but this reminds me of that but with an undertone of leather. Maybe it’s just me, I’ve been finding leather in a number of smokes recently. Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've sadly never had a Curivari. I've their flavors are reminiscent of CC's and I've gotten lots of leather from the Partagas smokes that I used to get in the early 2000's. Not as much in the new ones. I think leather tones are nice though! Got to try a Curivari, now.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
As it has evolved it still holds that sharpness/spice I associate with the opus line. Delicious. I think I have another of these in a larger vitola, if it smokes the same I will be on the hunt for a box

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I've sadly never had a Curivari. I've their flavors are reminiscent of CC's and I've gotten lots of leather from the Partagas smokes that I used to get in the early 2000's. Not as much in the new ones. I think leather tones are nice though! Got to try a Curivari, now.
I was unprepared for how much I like this smoke. People have said good things but this stick is nub worthy.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I’m up late and want an opinion so I figure why not try this thread.....

View attachment 119358
My first Curivari. Is this smoke remenisant of the brand? The first 1/3 reminds me of what I remember of an opus. I haven’t smoked an opus in the better part of 15 years but this reminds me of that but with an undertone of leather. Maybe it’s just me, I’ve been finding leather in a number of smokes recently. Thoughts?
What’s up brothers! Finally about ready to settle in and enjoy a cigar.

As to Curivari, my Buenaventura last night was my first stick by them. I absolutely loved it, and plan on buying at least one box of them in the future. As far as detecting leather, my novice palette isn’t very good at picking up distinct flavors yet. I commented last night that it was creamy and nutty to me, and I liked it a lot. I had smoked a Tatuaje Havana VI right before it and I preferred the Buenaventura. Sorry I can’t be a better help for you.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
The PL that I’m smoking now, and the nub from the Warped Lirio Rojo that I smoked earlierView attachment 119360
I have a Lirio Rojo gifted by a brother chillin in the humi, maybe I’ll burn it next week on my camping trip. Right now though I’m fixin on the Curivari I have from the rest of that sampler. If one of you all wants to do a box split I’d be down for that in a heartbeat though.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What’s up brothers! Finally about ready to settle in and enjoy a cigar.

As to Curivari, my Buenaventura last night was my first stick by them. I absolutely loved it, and plan on buying at least one box of them in the future. As far as detecting leather, my novice palette isn’t very good at picking up distinct flavors yet. I commented last night that it was creamy and nutty to me, and I liked it a lot. I had smoked a Tatuaje Havana VI right before it and I preferred the Buenaventura. Sorry I can’t be a better help for you.
What are you having? I'm thinking of having another small smoke before calling it a night. I'm on the couch tonight, as my 4 year old barfed all over himself and his mom in our bed. We have a mattress cover so its ok, but no sheets. He and my wife are in the guest bedroom. He is fine too much candy and pizza.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Dug deep into the humidor and pulled out this bad boy4954E57E-8A76-4DF0-9222-1035E451298D.jpeg
My last 2 year old RyJ MF! Been fighting the urge to smoke this one for a while.