What's new

Leaf Reviews

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe it’s my particular taste buds.

I’m finding some Viso to be stronger than ligero from the same country.
For example I find both Nicaraguan and Honduran Viso to be less palatable than the ligeros from those countries.
Am I alone in that??

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Early on I didn't care much for the viso I had. Found my first favorite blend to be 1.5 leaves seco, 1.5 leaves ligero.
Since then, I've had good luck with Brazilian Habano viso and corojo viso. That's all off the top of my head...(n)
Oh yeah, I also like using mata fina in place of viso but since we can't get any more...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Five years ago, Don sold me some Habano 2000 wrapper which hooked me on perfectos... ultra flexible, stretchy enough to go round those shapely transitions, and apt to shrink down to the tapers as it dries. I've wasted a ton of money since then on leaf which is only suited to parejos. Now I've finally found a wrapper which I think will produce a quality Uppowoc Perfecto:

This is the new Rosado wrapper from Whole Leaf Tobacco, wrapped just last night as a test quickie around four leaves of his new T-13 bound in Dominican Olor. Look how nicely it's shrinking down to shape. And the color, once it cures, you can see is going to be superior.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Five years ago, Don sold me some Habano 2000 wrapper which hooked me on perfectos... ultra flexible, stretchy enough to go round those shapely transitions, and apt to shrink down to the tapers as it dries. I've wasted a ton of money since then on leaf which is only suited to parejos. Now I've finally found a wrapper which I think will produce a quality Uppowoc Perfecto:

This is the new Rosado wrapper from Whole Leaf Tobacco, wrapped just last night as a test quickie around four leaves of his new T-13 bound in Dominican Olor. Look how nicely it's shrinking down to shape. And the color, once it cures, you can see is going to be superior.
Very nice, that's good info to have, thank you.

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0

Flavor / burn?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Flavor / burn?
Sorry, just saw this question...

First gar I rolled was right from the bag to test flavors. T-13 and olor binder, rosado wrap. Burnt great down to the nub. Rich without any bite whatever. Second gar was plenty damp to test flex and stretch; so that tasted great halfway, but then got mucky and hard to draw as the wet caught up to it. But, man, that wrap sure laid down nice. In a perfect world, you'd wrap damp and wait six months.

The T-13 is sposed to be a combo of criollo and piloto. You get a hint of cocoa from the piloto, a hint of nutmeg from the criollo, but altogether creamy and smooth. Very mellow stuff. Then the olor adds its aroma to the dance. The rosado itself is smooth to tongue and lips. Prolly go with a lot of things. But the color, hooboy, tasty!

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Sorry, just saw this question...

First gar I rolled was right from the bag to test flavors. T-13 and olor binder, rosado wrap. Burnt great down to the nub. Rich without any bite whatever. Second gar was plenty damp to test flex and stretch; so that tasted great halfway, but then got mucky and hard to draw as the wet caught up to it. But, man, that wrap sure laid down nice. In a perfect world, you'd wrap damp and wait six months.

The T-13 is sposed to be a combo of criollo and piloto. You get a hint of cocoa from the piloto, a hint of nutmeg from the criollo, but altogether creamy and smooth. Very mellow stuff. Then the olor adds its aroma to the dance. The rosado itself is smooth to tongue and lips. Prolly go with a lot of things. But the color, hooboy, tasty!
Thanks. Any specific opinion concerning the Rosado wrapper?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks. Any specific opinion concerning the Rosado wrapper?
I got two pounds of it. I anticipate this wrapper will enable me to master the difficult plumperfecto That's my goal, anyways. That's a five & 1/4 inch fecto with an abrupt point on one end, about a 50 rg in the barrel, tapering to maybe 46rg at the rounded head. I want it to swell in the middle so's to appear voluptuous. So I need something that will stretch.

The rosado color is just terrific. The mild & smooth habano flavor seems very adaptable. I'm starting out with the T-13, but I'm confident you could pair it with a mata/piloto filler, or the Bliss combo of Cibao criollo ligero & vuelta abajo seco, or a lot of things, for that matter.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was fortunate enough to get one of BigBonner's sample packages a couple months back and have been working my way through the leaf in there. It's mostly new stuff to me because it's not Cuban seed: it's the CT/PA/Kentucky kind of stuff. But I've been finding tons of great wrappers and binders in there. He is a really good legit source of new stuff to try.

Some of my favorites so far are his Silver River, which is a sort of amazing wrapper/binder leaf, very high quality; and his CTBL which is a great-tasting and functioning binder. But also the PA and the Black Mammoth and etc. are very pleasurable to work with and smoke. Also the various Havanas: good binders and wrappers. And the Florida Sumatra is also very interesting as a binder and wrapper.

Here is one of his email addresses if you are interested in getting in touch and checking out some of his stuff. I recommend it if you're looking for some new and good things to try.

bigbonnerb@yahoo.com

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Anyone wanna do a little leaf swap? I'd love a leaf or two of the new T13, rosado, candela without committing to a pound. Maybe someone wants to try some of the Mata fina binder?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone wanna do a little leaf swap? I'd love a leaf or two of the new T13, rosado, candela without committing to a pound. Maybe someone wants to try some of the Mata fina binder?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Pm your address. I’ll send you some T-13 and rosado if you still want to try some.

I’ll trade for a few of your cigars.