What's new

Leaf Reviews

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I was fortunate enough to get one of BigBonner's sample packages a couple months back and have been working my way through the leaf in there. It's mostly new stuff to me because it's not Cuban seed: it's the CT/PA/Kentucky kind of stuff. But I've been finding tons of great wrappers and binders in there. He is a really good legit source of new stuff to try.

Some of my favorites so far are his Silver River, which is a sort of amazing wrapper/binder leaf, very high quality; and his CTBL which is a great-tasting and functioning binder. But also the PA and the Black Mammoth and etc. are very pleasurable to work with and smoke. Also the various Havanas: good binders and wrappers. And the Florida Sumatra is also very interesting as a binder and wrapper.

Here is one of his email addresses if you are interested in getting in touch and checking out some of his stuff. I recommend it if you're looking for some new and good things to try.

bigbonnerb@yahoo.com

I ordered from Larry once a few years ago. I really liked some of his leaf, and really (really) hated some of his leaf. The PA wrapper and Maryland wrapper where both very nice. Great quality, nice color, easy to use, good flavor. The Havana wrapper was absolutely awful. It was wonderful to work with, but the flavor would need @webmost wordsmithing to fully explain: bitter, sour, rotten. He's a great guy to deal with and it sounds from @blisscigarco that his product is even better than before.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I ordered from Larry once a few years ago. I really liked some of his leaf, and really (really) hated some of his leaf. The PA wrapper and Maryland wrapper where both very nice. Great quality, nice color, easy to use, good flavor. The Havana wrapper was absolutely awful. It was wonderful to work with, but the flavor would need @webmost wordsmithing to fully explain: bitter, sour, rotten. He's a great guy to deal with and it sounds from @blisscigarco that his product is even better than before.
Yeah, the Maryland is another very interesting/beautiful/mild wrapper leaf, a bit like the Silver River. I think I've only used the Havana stuff of his as a binder (not sure, I'm not keeping notes anymore), no troubles, no bad taste.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was fortunate enough to get one of BigBonner's sample packages a couple months back and have been working my way through the leaf in there. It's mostly new stuff to me because it's not Cuban seed: it's the CT/PA/Kentucky kind of stuff. But I've been finding tons of great wrappers and binders in there. He is a really good legit source of new stuff to try.

Some of my favorites so far are his Silver River, which is a sort of amazing wrapper/binder leaf, very high quality; and his CTBL which is a great-tasting and functioning binder. But also the PA and the Black Mammoth and etc. are very pleasurable to work with and smoke. Also the various Havanas: good binders and wrappers. And the Florida Sumatra is also very interesting as a binder and wrapper.

Here is one of his email addresses if you are interested in getting in touch and checking out some of his stuff. I recommend it if you're looking for some new and good things to try.

bigbonnerb@yahoo.com
That reminds me --- I have a box of Lorenzo Carniceros stashed which ought to be fully ripe. Couple corojos, the Dom volado for binder, and Butcher's Sumatra for wrap. Been aging since November, so should be ready to fire up. Remarkable how sticky that leaf was when fresh. May still have some Silver River here, too. Don't recall finding a good use for it.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Got a couple pounds of Olor Ligero anyone can have. Here's the deal: Dom56 remarked as how he hated the stuff; I remarked as how I loved the olor binder; he sent me his; he was right. Stuff works great when it's seco binder, but gacks up your innards when it's ligero filler. Anyone who has a gackproof throat and want some free olor is welcome to it. Just PM me. Have a batch about the size of a small pillow. Need the room more than the leaf.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Got a couple pounds of Olor Ligero anyone can have. Here's the deal: Dom56 remarked as how he hated the stuff; I remarked as how I loved the olor binder; he sent me his; he was right. Stuff works great when it's seco binder, but gacks up your innards when it's ligero filler. Anyone who has a gackproof throat and want some free olor is welcome to it. Just PM me. Have a batch about the size of a small pillow. Need the room more than the leaf.
Must be something wrong with me because I ordered some with the first leaf I bought and I didn’t mind it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I need to up my rolling rate, have 2 coolers nearly full of leaf and all this new leaf coming out, im hoping my new mold with its 10 slots will urge me to roll all 10 instead of the 4 slots im using now plus its 52RG instead of 46, i do like the 46 size to smoke though.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I need to up my rolling rate, have 2 coolers nearly full of leaf and all this new leaf coming out, im hoping my new mold with its 10 slots will urge me to roll all 10 instead of the 4 slots im using now plus its 52RG instead of 46, i do like the 46 size to smoke though.
You know what if you sold me your 4 slot then you would have to use your 10 slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It’s interesting how we like or dislike a leaf. None of that is wrong, it’s simply what we like or not

We all know folks who abhor black licorice but I love the stuff.