What's new

Leaf Reviews

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the word you're looking for is curmudgeon. But, no... I think this collection of reviews is mostly sour grapes. Don't you? I don't find CT shade to be bitter at all. Maybe I don't burn it hot enough, however you make that happen. I like to have a mild & light colored wrapper in the quiver.

I just wish I could still get the same H2k Don sold years ago.
alright, maybe I'll come up with a more suitable adjective? but yeah, I do find reviews subjective and can hardly agree with most and, can't seem to give them. there is something in ct that isn't in ec that doesn't suit me.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well it's coming full circle, cause I read where there's now an Ec Cameroon. As I understand it (and I'm no scholard of the seeds) the CT seed, originally from Virginia, traveled to Sumatra (green blotches, green flavor, very toothy), thence to Cameroon (wonderful sniffage, smooth texture, aromatic burn), where political chaos made it scarce, and, now, the Cam is coming to Ecuador. We got a counter-clockwise thing going. Looking forward to trying some Ec Cam.

Be nice to see some rosado from anywheres.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright, maybe I'll come up with a more suitable adjective? but yeah, I do find reviews subjective and can hardly agree with most and, can't seem to give them. there is something in ct that isn't in ec that doesn't suit me.
Have to chime in here. I agree with Marc that there is something in Ct wrapper I just don't like. Maybe a bit of bitterness or perhaps a grassiness? I love the look and really want to like it but it seems to always begin to tilt the wrong way.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Y'all don't know from CT Shade until you've smoked a New Orleans Cigar Factory Social Club (not their cheaper Plantation Select line) CT Robusto. Hands down one of the greatest cigars I've ever smoked. Zero grass/hay/green/bitter. Really perfect, an amazing standard to shoot for.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Y'all don't know from CT Shade until you've smoked a New Orleans Cigar Factory Social Club (not their cheaper Plantation Select line) CT Robusto. Hands down one of the greatest cigars I've ever smoked. Zero grass/hay/green/bitter. Really perfect, an amazing standard to shoot for.
next time you're there, bring back some of those for us. I'll remunerate you in full.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When can this magical leaf be had? (maybe I shouldn't call it that??)
Which leaf we talkin about there Dom? I dropped by the factory a couple days back and picked up a whole pile of the CT, if you want some. I also scored a pound of the broadleaf. Just tried it for the first time last night. Hopefully smoke it tonight, if I can find time. Have often admired a CT BL wrapper on a gar; but have never succeeded in finding a decent blend to live beneath it. I have some of Larry Butcher's PA BL that I'm aging (tr: it's settin round not getting used).

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
... and I bet you a fat man that soon as Bliss gets back and kicks off his sighted man contest we'll see some super tasty perfectly wrapped tasties come outta his corner all perfectly wrapped in delicate CT.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Any current opinions on these 2 wrappers from WLT?

https://wholeleaftobacco.com/Genuine-American-Connecticut-Shade-Leaf-CTSDL.htm
https://wholeleaftobacco.com/Corojo-Oscuro-Wrapper-Corojowrppr.htm

Who's the safest bet for shade wrapper, other than hopefully conning @webmost out of some of that sweet FX leaf?
Damn I'm late to the party but I for one like the corojo wrapper. Use a double seco binder and make sure the seco from your bunch is towards the outside and you won't have any burn issues. It tastes like great quality corojo to me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just want to mention that I've been on a commercial stick CT marathon the last few months and have discovered the best CT stick I've ever smoked: the Ventura Cigar Company Archetype Dreamstate toro. This thing is made in a Davidoff factory, the same place where $27 Davidoffs are made, and it is freaking spectacular. Yet it is only ~$11.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm glad you like it that one.
After spending thousands of dollars on cigars over the years, I'm reluctant to buy any more commercial sticks.
As long as my home rolls are hitting the spot, I shall buy very few commercial sticks.

I’m heading the same way, my sticks and a few Cubans and I’ll be good, oh there are a few NCs I’ll still buy but nothing like I have been buying.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
not me
If they are wonderful leaf and it's the last of it then I don't want it. It's a bad deal to smoke a fine cigar only to know there isn't another.

(whispering)
How good is that leaf, anyway? :)