What's new

Leaf Reviews

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Rolled a few tonight, broke out my new binder from LO, Ecuadorian seco binder and its just lovely, rose color, nice small ribs, will for sure be using it for some wrappers, just hope it smokes and tastes as good as it looks and smellsView attachment 107736
I stole a move out of @webmost playbook with this leaf. Used the inner part with the thicker veins as binder and outer part with thinner veins as the wrapper on more than one occasion.
Tell us what you think after smoking one,
Jim

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I stole a move out of @webmost playbook with this leaf. Used the inner part with the thicker veins as binder and outer part with thinner veins as the wrapper on more than one occasion.
Tell us what you think after smoking one,
Jim
I sure will, im going to wrap them with the same leaf, probably tomorrow as the dont even need casing to my noob eye lol

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well thanks to you enablers I have more leaf on the way. (snickering, I gotta blame someone)
1lb of cibao viso (WLT)
1lb of cibao seco (WLT)
1lb of Nicaraguan binder (LO) I really like this stuff.
1lb of Brazilian viso (LO) This is very consistent and predictable sweetness. Flojo and the BMF viso are too inconsistent in the sweetness for me.

Not that much more leaf, but enough.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
LO "Honduran Seco"
https://www.leafonly.com/cigar-tobacco-leaf/tobacco-leaves/honduran-seco-cigar-filler-tobacco
Did a leaf test yesterday. Burned well at various points of thickness. Didn't go out. The burn spreads from the cigar hole out to the edge of the leaf. Had to stamp it out eventually.

Since it burned, I selected and spritzed a half-leaf wrapper of it and chucked that into a casing bag. Then I selected a half-leaf binder, spritzed that, let it rest for a few minutes and rolled a purito using 1.5 leaves for filler. I laid the tails in and ended up with a 40 x 6.

Stuck that in a 40-ring mold for half-hour each side, then wrapped and capped it with the cased wrapper selection. Ended up with a sweet little heart-shaped blemish near the foot. Hated to burn that.

But I did burn it, this morning after a night of rest for it.

Notes:
This burns as well as I thought it would from the earlier leaf-burn test. It burns well and quick on this medium-draw stick. The ash is white and medium-tight.Typically fell at about 2 inches.

The basic aromas I’m getting here are light, sweet spice (very light), a tiny bit of dry woodiness, subtle hints of leather, and that’s about it. The drug effects are minimal and not obvious. No obvious sense of nicotine. My thoughts haven’t drifted much: just concentrating on the aroma, the subtle spice–no pepper, just sweet–thinking about ways to blend this, what it brings to the party.

It actually stands as a cigar unto itself. I wouldn’t quite say “mild,” but more mild-to-medium, biasing mild. Any wrapper you put on it is going to notch it up to legit almost-medium or more.

Yeah, I’m digging it, starting to think that the first blends with it should just be to try a light wrapper and then a dark wrapper and see where that goes, keep everything else the same.

Somewhere around the end of the middle I get an ephemeral blast of light white pepper. Checked the retro and it was mellow, not peppery.

Final third I get the first taste of a “vegetal” thing that is not good; but I think it wouldn’t be an issue with just one leaf of this with various other leafs in a filler blend. Probably wouldn’t notice it. Meanwhile the leather is gone.

In general the first half had a better, more pure flavor than the second half. Hard to say which part of the leaf brings what to the story since I tore off and laid in the tails, so the entire leafs are in there, blended together.

Definitely nub-worthy. Lasted about 35 minutes.

Summation: Good burn, grade-able to filler, some binder and some wrapper in that ½ lb. Good starter kit, good foundation for a blend. I’ll try some wrappers next, then start adding some viso, if that seems like a good idea after the wrapper tests. This 2.5-leaf cigar cost me 79 cents in leaf, delivered.

That's awesome brother great job! I'd love to get into rolling some of my own sticks just for the experience and to see what type of blends I can come up with and how they stack up to some of my favorite premiums on the market. I was always interested in the process that blenders use and the imagination that goes into choosing certain leaves to contribute specific flavor profiles. Thanks for the photo's! Keep up the good work brother.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's awesome brother great job! I'd love to get into rolling some of my own sticks just for the experience and to see what type of blends I can come up with and how they stack up to some of my favorite premiums on the market. I was always interested in the process that blenders use and the imagination that goes into choosing certain leaves to contribute specific flavor profiles. Thanks for the photo's! Keep up the good work brother.
Well, stop talkin bout it; jump in and do it!

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Leaf review: I’ve got three leaf that I really don’t care for
1 olar ligero
2 olar Seco
3 Honduras Viso

The olar has an awful aftertaste
The Viso isn’t something I like.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
You guys are amazing thank you so much for the resources. I feel terrible accepting leaves even, if you don’t like them, without giving anything back to you in return. Do you need anything?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Rolled a few tonight, broke out my new binder from LO, Ecuadorian seco binder and its just lovely, rose color, nice small ribs, will for sure be using it for some wrappers, just hope it smokes and tastes as good as it looks and smellsView attachment 107736
It's a good, stretchy, very lightly flavored. I use it on everything now. Hope it tastes good for you!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk