What's new

Let the dry-aging begin!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I've never tried this so I'm not speaking of experience, but it would be hard for me to look at those steaks after drying them and get excited about eating them. Just looking at the dark spots etc would make me turn away... I love the looks of a great fresh steak that is pure red, nummy!

But you definitely have my curiosity piqued and I might just try it :)

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
All I can say is "wow"......steaks turned out PERFECT and were delicious! I took over the grill and handled business.

Here's what I brought with me, for the guys to enjoy while out grilling:

Perfect diamonds on the steaks :)

The finished product :)

Later on, we were playing some trivia game where it was the women versus the men. This question came up for the women, and my wife quickly got it right.

Jeffrey L.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I picked up a 3 pack of "prime" rib-eyes from Costco last week. They have been in the bottom of the fridge as I have done this process for years. I will cook them up for my birthday on Saturday.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Im still a little sceptical on the home dry aging of beef.
---Doesnt mean this doesnt interest me or something I may do in the future, but need to do some research first --

But one thing I am sure of is I will never put any oil, olive or any other on my steaks.

Ive had it a couple times and for me its not the way to go.

Kosher salt, Fresh groung pepper and maybe a dash of garlic powder or garlic salt depending on the mood.