What's new

Let's help our brother Danthebugman

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Just saw this, something getting put together for this. Prayers and support for you and your family Dan.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Whew. Spent the morning getting stuff out of the house. My wife's sister and her husband have a house they have been fixing up to sell. So we are fortunate that we will have a place to stay until this all gets sorted out, others cannot say the same. I keep having to remind myself that it's not like I can go back home cause it's kind of a mess. Still in disbelief. Everyone in the community has pulled together in such a great way. This morning there was a guy coming around with his Bobcat and plowing debris out of the yard so we could actually get stuff out. Loaded up the heavy stuff, pics/heirloom type stuff and moved it over. Mostly just waiting to hear what they're going to do with the house so we can figure out how long we'll be in exhile or what we're doing, but no idea how long it'll take cause they have a lot of houses to visit...

Two rescue workers were hit by lightning yesterday so please keep them in your thoughts/prayers, it's definitely not a safe thing that they are doing. Supposed to have heavy thunderstorms again tonight and most likely more tornados in the area. They tried testing the sirens this morning, but we didn't hear any go off anywhere so we may be flying blind tonight :dunno:.

If you haven't seen much of the news, TIME has some incredible pics of the destruction...

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2073456,00.html

Dan

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Wow Dan
So sorry, and I heard of the death numbers keep climbing so glad you guy's made it out safe at least. Pretty hard to wrap my head around this kind of damage never having seen such a thing. Best of luck and be safe!

Dave

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Just wanted to share a photo taken by my cousin of the area. From best I can tell this is looking north on main street right in front of the McDonalds which if I recall the area is at most 6 to 8 blocks south of the school by your house.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Got something heading your way JJ.

And Dan you & your family are in my prayers along with all those affected by the storm.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Glad to hear you and the family are doing well. I know how tough cleaning up after water damage can be. Good luck in the weeks ahead.

If you or anyone needs some architecture related support I will put my services out there. Its not really the time yet for planning the rebuild, but it's what I can do to help.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Not to thread jack... But my hometown of Sedalia, Missouri just got struck by a tornado... I'm trying to gather what damage, injuries there are, and if my family and friends are alright. Dan's from about 30 miles west of Sedalia, but I do not think the tornado came through that area. I'm very unsure at this time.

Update: It was very near the home of one of my sister's. However, her husband was home, and is safe, they are just without power. My nephew was at school, safe, and she's Director of Nursing at a home, and they are safe. Sounds like they took some serious damage in town, though. And just think about all the help they have been lending to Joplin...

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The storms came through KC and the news doesn't know about injuries yet but several tornadoes have touched down. We are okay in Grain Valley where I am. Tornado sirens have been going off for almost 2 hours and just stopped. Thoughts and prayers for everyone.