What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an older photo of my Aristocrat before I filled it up just a bit more:
The one thing I've found in this hobby is that all the humidor cabinets tend to be very traditional style or mission style furniture and I prefer very modern design. This is a very transitional styled unit that could probably fit in many different homes, nice job!

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I've never seen a bad looking aristocrat. That looks awesome
Thanks, I do love it. I'm surprised that I don't see more getting purchased to be honest. The dimensions of a newair wineador are quite similar to the mini-tall version. And the price you pay for the value delivered is, IMO, simply fantastic.

Last edited:

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Thanks, I do love it. I'm surprised that I don't see more getting purchased to be honest. The dimensions of what are quit similar to the mini-tall version. And the price you pay for the value delivered is, IMO, simply fantastic.
The price is the only thing holding me back to be honest.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
The one thing I've found in this hobby is that all the humidor cabinets tend to be very traditional style or mission style furniture and I prefer very modern design. This is a very transitional styled unit that could probably fit in many different homes, nice job!
True custom manufacturers cost a ton. Arlin Liss makes some of the nicest stuff I've ever seen. Its also some of the costliest stuff I've ever seen. You could be a nice used car for some of the prices of his cabinet humidors. Waxing moon stuff looks good too, but I didn't get very far in dealing with him.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
True custom manufacturers cost a ton. Arlin Liss makes some of the nicest stuff I've ever seen. Its also some of the costliest stuff I've ever seen. You could be a nice used car for some of the prices of his cabinet humidors. Waxing moon stuff looks good too, but I didn't get very far in dealing with him.
I love Elie Bleu humidors, but... wow, talk about expensive.

I am the same way, though. I know they're just storage boxes but I like modern design and I love the Art Deco period. Don't see too many humidors paying homage to that style, either. I guess if you were to make something really modern in a shape other than a box, you'd end up wasting a lot of interior space or making it too small to be practical. After all, someone who is willing to pay a few thousand for a well-made custom, modern humi likely will want one capable of holding more than 60 or 70 sticks. LOL

Hmm... Coleman or Igloo could start making cooler looking coolers. The "Cool Cooler"?

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thanks, I do love it. I'm surprised that I don't see more getting purchased to be honest. The dimensions of what are quit similar to the mini-tall version. And the price you pay for the value delivered is, IMO, simply fantastic.

it was also holding my wife back.. until I explained to her on the amount I had invested in box's and more to come ( what a conversation :peckkiss: ) and explained to her that they needed proper storage... she was the one that found the Aristocrat site and said she really liked them and the furniture quilty of them, so once we get our taxes back she is allowing me to order one as long as she gets to pick what the outside looks like,,,, only problem I have now is she said no taller then 4ft because she already picked out where it is going and whats going to be on top and above it on the wall

Rating - 100%
51   0   0

it was also holding my wife back.. until I explained to her on the amount I had invested in box's and more to come ( what a conversation :peckkiss: ) and explained to her that they needed proper storage... she was the one that found the Aristocrat site and said she really liked them and the furniture quilty of them, so once we get our taxes back she is allowing me to order one as long as she gets to pick what the outside looks like,,,, only problem I have now is she said no taller then 4ft because she already picked out where it is going and whats going to be on top and above it on the wall
Hey brother, if that's the only problem, you're doing well. But you probably know that LOL

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Elie Bleu humidors, but... wow, talk about expensive.

I am the same way, though. I know they're just storage boxes but I like modern design and I love the Art Deco period. Don't see too many humidors paying homage to that style, either. I guess if you were to make something really modern in a shape other than a box, you'd end up wasting a lot of interior space or making it too small to be practical. After all, someone who is willing to pay a few thousand for a well-made custom, modern humi likely will want one capable of holding more than 60 or 70 sticks. LOL

Hmm... Coleman or Igloo could start making cooler looking coolers. The "Cool Cooler"?
The Elle Bleu are beautiful to look at, but $5K for a 200-count humidor is excessive. For that kind of money you could get a really nice cabinet humi to hold 2-3K cigars. Perhaps we could get someone to design a modern wooden cabinet that the Coleman fits into to dress it up!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh, well damn I never actually posted my set ups, so I have a Lauderdale end table I got off cheap humidors, if you do this seal it up with food grade silicone and put weather stripping around the door before you fill it up, trust me on this one. I have a newair winador with 5 drawer set up ordered from Forrest, a 200 stick desk top cheapy and a 100 stick Daniel Marshall and various herfadors.

It's actually even MORE full now, which will explain the last line of this post...

So after finally running out of room and thinking of going coolidor and looking at some gorgeous boxes of sticks I grabbed in an auction, I decided to go all in and yesterday ordered my Aristocrat, went with the M Plus Deep model in Black Walnut, now I just have to not go crazy waiting the 6 weeks for it ... haha