What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
This is now my 3rd upgrade, no thanks to this amazing forum!
First tupperware was waaaaay too small. Second one wasn't too bad, but the cigars were to the lid. So, I kept the cedar in that one, tossed in a few Boveda packs, and gave it to my Dad so he can store his cigars. Better than re-purposing it for food or something!
This pic is of my latest tupperdor. There are about 45 sticks or so in there, with a lot of room to grow, "so I've got that goin' for me, which is nice!" I also grabbed an Acurite hygrometer from Lowes for $10.
I think this will work!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Nothing fancy. Each hold 4 rows of 15. RH is rock solid. Lined with Spanish cedar from Woodcraft.com. Humidifiers are cheap pucks I filled with polymers and homespun 60/40 PG solution. Seasoning took 48 hours. I epoxied magnets to back of pucks and then put magnets on top of container cover. Containers are BPA free. When you open, they smell identical to expensive humidors. Forty bucks apiece.
Where can I get spanish cedar planks like that? I've searched online but they seems to be quite small in width and I want some to line a large tupperdore or coolidor.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Where can I get spanish cedar planks like that? I've searched online but they seems to be quite small in width and I want some to line a large tupperdore or coolidor.
Here's where I got my Spanish cedar: http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/124872/Cedar-Spanish-316-x-4-x-24.aspx. I don't know if this size will help you, but for my purposes it was fine.

Here's some other links, but I have not bought from them; however, they come highly recommended:

http://www.woodworkerssource.com/Cedar_Spanish.html

http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/hardwoods/exotic_hardwoods/exotic_wood/spanish_cedar_lumber/spanish_cedar_wood.html

http://www.woodnshop.com/hardwood/SPANISH_CEDAR.htm

http://www.bristolvalley.com/catalog.asp?prodid=293407&showprevnext=1

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Whynter CHC-251S

Igloo 6-Bottle Wine Cooler for incoming boxes. Quarantine them for acclimation to preserve RH in main wineador. $80 total for wine cooler and Spanish cedar. I cut the plank to make shelves but took out all shelves but the bottom for more space. I have a sheet of spanish cedar between boxes and on top of highest box. A couple of purchases in route and this will be "tetris" full.

My first desktop from 14 years ago holding bombs from BOTL.

Final desktop humidor is for my office with ready to smoke cigars!

All Humidors are full. Now to have fun smoking!!

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Whynter CHC-251S

Igloo 6-Bottle Wine Cooler for incoming boxes. Quarantine them for acclimation to preserve RH in main wineador. $80 total for wine cooler and Spanish cedar. I cut the plank to make shelves but took out all shelves but the bottom for more space. I have a sheet of spanish cedar between boxes and on top of highest box. A couple of purchases in route and this will be "tetris" full.

My first desktop from 14 years ago holding bombs from BOTL.

Final desktop humidor is for my office with ready to smoke cigars!

All Humidors are full. Now to have fun smoking!!
Very nice setups. How do you like those Punch? I've held off pulling the trigger for awhile, but may have to look at a box on the next go around.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
So, I kept the cedar in that one, tossed in a few Boveda packs, and gave it to my Dad so he can store his cigars.
Very cool of you. I wish my pops was still around so that I could enjoy a smoke with him on the patio. I'm very envious of you guys that still have your dads around. I miss mine everyday. This June will mark his one year since passing.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Very nice setups. How do you like those Punch? I've held off pulling the trigger for awhile, but may have to look at a box on the next go around.
I like the flavor profile. Flavorful like a NC maduro with the CC twang. Not good at describing flavors.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
For all guys on the site:

You do not need a wineador.

Ok don't hate here but,
I find it difficult getting to all of the cigars I want to smoke and I've got 2, 50 count desktop freebies from C.I.

And the Yukon humidor may have a thin later of cedar as stated by guys here but I haven't noticed any issues and I have been using those humi's for 2+ years now. They even keep RH constant if properly attended to.

This post is mainly for the guys creeping on the forum, before I joined here I was hesitant to use the C.I. boxes because of their reputation on here. This is a PSA: they get the job done.

-Broadleaf

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Yukon as well and haven't had any humidity problems with it. I did the non-recommended distilled-water wipe-down and it's held RH fine except for a short time when temps dropped severely in the winter. But then even the tupperdors were having issues with that.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
New tower is up and running along side of the wineador....

Edited with better picture.

Ps. Wife says I should have downsized the collection instead of getting bigger storage. Lol
I really like the side by side drawers and the narrow cedar trays. I like to keep my gars separated and it's tough to do so when you've got less than a box laying around.

Do you recall where you got them?