What's new

Let's see your truck thread

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Big , small, pickup, SUV, off-road, on-road, 4 cylinder, 6, 8, 2wd, 4wd, WHATEVER! Let's see your truck. No fanboy garbage please, I'm not brand loyal and I think all trucks kick a$$.

My previous truck was a 2006 f150 xlt with the 5.4l v8. I bought it used and had some issues in the past year so in January I traded it in for a 2014 Silverado LT. I wanted the v8, but I got $12,000 off msrp for the 4.3 v6. These new six's are pretty powerful and not that far off from my old 5.4l which was a gas hog. I'm getting 5-6 more mpg's and it's rated for 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. More than enough to tow my 3000 lb camper. I just installed the westin nerf bars this afternoon.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Big , small, pickup, SUV, off-road, on-road, 4 cylinder, 6, 8, 2wd, 4wd, WHATEVER! Let's see your truck. No fanboy garbage please, I'm not brand loyal and I think all trucks kick a$$.

My previous truck was a 2006 f150 xlt with the 5.4l v8. I bought it used and had some issues in the past year so in January I traded it in for a 2014 Silverado LT. I wanted the v8, but I got $12,000 off msrp for the 4.3 v6. These new six's are pretty powerful and not that far off from my old 5.4l which was a gas hog. I'm getting 5-6 more mpg's and it's rated for 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. More than enough to tow my 3000 lb camper. I just installed the westin nerf bars this afternoon.

beautiful and subscribed! Have you tried a K&N air filter to further your savings?? That usually pays for it self in the fuel savings alone!

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm getting 5-6 more mpg
Lol.That's about all my 40 gets is 5-6 mpg. Not even kidding. I see a re-gear in it's very near future. Probably going to go 4.56's or 4.88's. Guy told me he "thought" it had 4.10's, wrong. 3.90's is what it's got now, hence the crappy mileage on 35's and the OD being useless

Last edited:

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Love it guys, keep em coming.
beautiful and subscribed! Have you tried a K&N air filter to further your savings?? That usually pays for it self in the fuel savings alone!
I had bought one for my Ford but returned it after hearing some negatives online. I heard the oil and get sucked into the intake and mess things up. I'm really happy with my mpg so far, less trips to the gas station is nice.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0

I had bought one for my Ford but returned it after hearing some negatives online. I heard the oil and get sucked into the intake and mess things up. I'm really happy with my mpg so far, less trips to the gas station is nice.
Haha yeh that's called user error. 10+ years of using them. Multiple cars. You spray the oil. So liberal isn't effective :) cheers bro!

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0

K&n's and the like are fine for gas motors. Have known at least 5 guys who have dusted their Diesel engines with them. They don't filter small enough particles out for a high compression engine. That is the only way to get a filter to flow more air is to open up the media, reducing its filtering capabilities. I've ran them on my gas engines for 10-12 years now. My diesel got the paper filters.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I want one of these so bad it hurts. All of the ones around here have been beaten to death by rednecks and hillbillys. They would cost nearly as much as a new truck to get back in shape.
Agree, I like the flat black with black rims, freaking sweet. However, I've seen some classic car dealers that have them restored and I think they are usually under $10,000 ( not that I could afford that right now). I owe under $14,000 for my truck now so I want to bust ass and pay it off and the look to a new house. That, or a mid to late 2000's m3 or AMG.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have a 2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab (or crew cab as other makers call it), brand new off the lot with the V6 Tow Package and the TRD Off Road Package. She can tow max 6500 lbs. Stock without that package would've only been 5,000 lbs. My only upgrades if you'd like to call them that is my 2 front windows were tinted to match the back windows and added a BakFlip G2 bed cover. Been thinking about lifting it a few inches but can't come to terms how nice she rides without being lifted and the way I make some extremely sharp turns (sometimes) and manage to stay on all 4 wheels lol. The pictures I'm sharing are from when I first purchased the truck.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree, I like the flat black with black rims, freaking sweet. However, I've seen some classic car dealers that have them restored and I think they are usually under $10,000 ( not that I could afford that right now). I owe under $14,000 for my truck now so I want to bust ass and pay it off and the look to a new house. That, or a mid to late 2000's m3 or AMG.
It was cloudy when I took the pic, but it's more of a dark grey metallic. Slightly less maintenance than all black and would hide the problems of a barn paint job in FL. Gdm mosquitoes love the taste of expensive clear coat.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I have a 2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab (or crew cab as other makers call it), brand new off the lot with the V6 Tow Package and the TRD Off Road Package. She can tow max 6500 lbs. Stock without that package would've only been 5,000 lbs. My only upgrades if you'd like to call them that is my 2 front windows were tinted to match the back windows and added a BakFlip G2 bed cover. Been thinking about lifting it a few inches but can't come to terms how nice she rides without being lifted and the way I make some extremely sharp turns (sometimes) and manage to stay on all 4 wheels lol. The pictures I'm sharing are from when I first purchased the truck.

I've been looking at Tacomas lately. Need a new truck badly. They seem to fit my needs pretty well. plus I love the way they look.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've been looking at Tacomas lately. Need a new truck badly. They seem to fit my needs pretty well. plus I love the way they look.
They're awesome trucks. I roughly drop $60 or so a week in gas (2 fill-ups) depending on how much I've been driving. Plus fluxuating prices it goes up or down. I absolutely love this truck. I do miss my trunk, but I manage with the backseat and all its hidden storage compartments too. I have roughly 59,000 miles right now and just replaced the tires I got with the truck. BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A tires. They came part of the TRD Off Road Package. I'd recommend this truck to anyone who wants a pick-up but doesn't need the big beefy V-8 motor and all that gas guzzling fun stuff. I got talked out of a Tundra for this, so it was worth it!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
They're awesome trucks. I roughly drop $60 or so a week in gas (2 fill-ups) depending on how much I've been driving. Plus fluxuating prices it goes up or down. I absolutely love this truck. I do miss my trunk, but I manage with the backseat and all its hidden storage compartments too. I have roughly 59,000 miles right now and just replaced the tires I got with the truck. BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A tires. They came part of the TRD Off Road Package. I'd recommend this truck to anyone who wants a pick-up but doesn't need the big beefy V-8 motor and all that gas guzzling fun stuff. I got talked out of a Tundra for this, so it was worth it!
I bought my Dakota to use as a truck, not a daily. Should've found a beater 3/4ton or even a full-size half ton instead, for what I did with her. But for $1000 in 2010, I figured I'd get my money's worth. And I have.

But this year I've put $1800 into it (made the mistake of paying someone to work on it when it was too cold to be outside. First and last time I'll ever pay someone to work on my cars) and its really pushing the limits. Frames rusty, cant trust it to tow or haul, so basically I've got a 16mpg car... never meant for it to be my daily driver, but I always found an excuse to take the truck, and sold my civic way too cheap.

So I'm in the market for a sub $20k truck, this time needs 4wd as the Dakota has needed to be rescued from my yard with the wife's Subaru multiple times, and would like to see a realistic 17-18 mpg.

My dad bought a '15 GMC with the 6.2 and its pushing 17-18 city and a solid 23-25 hwy. But, it was 60k... tows really nicely though.

Unless another good deal falls in my lap I'll be looking for '10-'12 Taco in the near future. Found one with the 4cyl for a deal locally, but I need to be able to tow racecar and trailer (5000ish) my Dakota has the same power as the 4cyl Taco, but I have a feeling it wouldn't pull the same.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Mileage isn't a huge issue with me, but I dont want another 8mpg hog like my '06 3/4 ton I had when I was a mechanic. 8-10 city, 13.5 was my best one tank mileage. Usually around 10-11 combined.