What's new

let's talk boots

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Redbacks! Awesome boots. Or the timberland pro's, I'm on my feet 12 hr shifts and walk a lot. I can get 9-12 months out of them
I used to wear Timberland Pro, but switched cause for a stretch there they seemed to be having quality control issues had 2 of the same boot basically fall apart on me after 2 mo. just made me weary of buying them. That said still use my old pair as my yard work boots
I'm gonna take a wild guess and figure you work for the USPS...

http://www.theunionbootpro.com/products/dsp_productDetail.cfm?pSKU=58&w=
No sir! I'm a sewage treatment operator.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Redbacks! Awesome boots. Or the timberland pro's, I'm on my feet 12 hr shifts and walk a lot. I can get 9-12 months out of them
I used to wear Timberland Pro, but switched cause for a stretch there they seemed to be having quality control issues had 2 of the same boot basically fall apart on me after 2 mo. just made me weary of buying them. That said still use my old pair as my yard work boots
I'm gonna take a wild guess and figure you work for the USPS...

http://www.theunionbootpro.com/products/dsp_productDetail.cfm?pSKU=58&w=
No sir! I'm a sewage treatment operator.
I meant GoingPostal. :D

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My past 3 pairs have been the Timberland Pros as well. I like their non steel toes, they were very comfortable and lasted even when I was climbing and walking lots. Their steel toes on the other hand have a weird arch in the middle that hurts the hell out of me so I cant recommend those. I have wide Fred Flintstone feet though.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Any of you guys ever try White's Boots? They seem to be very popular around here for industrial type conditions. They are some big coin, but guys around here swear by them. I have never tried them, but am curious because of the custom fit.
white's are definitely some legit boots. hard wearing for sure and should last decades barring complete abuse/ neglect.

its kinda hard to recommend a boot without knowing someones budget and preferences. but some here are some good places to start the hunt for a quality boot.

low/entry level:

wolverine 1000 mile
redwing heritage line
chippewa heritage line

mid- level:

wesco
whites
nicks

nice as a motherf*ck level:

viberg
a handful of japanese makers

there are defiantly more worthy boot makers i didn't mention but those are some solid makers i'd check out for starters.
One day I'm getting a pair of Viberg's Ironworker boots. Looks like they'd survive many jobsites. They cost about the same as Wesco or White boots...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to wear Chippewas. They last forever.

The last 10 years I've been wearing military/law enforcement style for my day job. I'm cheap, so I never got a pair of Danners. I bought a pair of Matterhorns right at the start and they held up to my work environment plus lots of 16 hour days for 5 years, so I stuck with Matterhorn. I'm on my third pair, good boots.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
http://www.shoebuy.com/danner-agitator-45-gtx/54235

bar none the best boot I have ever worn...

its a little bit on the heavy side... but is super comfortable.. and durable as hell... these were the boots I took with me to Iraq and Afghanistan (a couple of pair, over several years) back in the day when I was "running the roads" daily.. they held up to constant abuse.. I typically get 1 1/2 - 2 years out of a pair.. and again, that is with me beating the hell out of them daily while wearing them in very harsh terrain/environments..

The pair I currently have is almost 3 years old (havent "run the roads" in several years now.. for the most part they just get used for day hikes, and occasional day trips into rougher terrain....)..

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Just a suggestion whatever boot/shoe you get. Better to buy two and switch them daily. They usually last way more than two times what you get from wearing the same shoe everyday

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Just a suggestion whatever boot/shoe you get. Better to buy two and switch them daily. They usually last way more than two times what you get from wearing the same shoe everyday

+1000.... for "work" boots.. the 2 pair rule ALWAYS applies (for me)...

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0

+1000.... for "work" boots.. the 2 pair rule ALWAYS applies (for me)...
both you gents have a solid point (i grew up in catholic school, and never quite grew out of the uniform habit, so buying multiples of something is golden with me), BUT, i am not going to do that with footwear i have never worn. a month or two in and they are working wonderfully? probably re-order then.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to wear Chippewas. They last forever.

The last 10 years I've been wearing military/law enforcement style for my day job. I'm cheap, so I never got a pair of Danners. I bought a pair of Matterhorns right at the start and they held up to my work environment plus lots of 16 hour days for 5 years, so I stuck with Matterhorn. I'm on my third pair, good boots.
Not so much anymore............

Their quality has been going down hill as of the last year.

I had a WATERPROOF pair that got wet and the soles fell off. Yes, the soles fell off after being wet.

The boot wasn't even waterproof either.

Their customer service blows too.

I moved on to Ariats, they are by FAR the most comfortable boot I've ever worn.

I'd say they are just as comfortable as my daily shoes.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Honestly my favorite pair of boots after almost 20 years in EMS is the Nike SFB. They are mega comfortable on the feet and mine have lasted 5 years of on and off use (they are a tropical boot have danners for winter) They use the Nike "Free" sole so its almost like walking barefoot. They shine up and keep a shine amazing. Mine are about worn out. Im going to limp them to winter and then buy a new pair in spring

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I know i'm digging up an old thread here but if you want a pair of amazing boots check out Roleclub Boots. They are handmade and are amazing. I've been eyeing them for some time. Beware though, they are not cheap.