What's new

Lighting your cigar: La Méthode de Jacques Puisais

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The article on the Puisais Method uses a soft flame. I wonder what effect that has. Most people on this forum use a butane lighter. It is a more intense heat, but for a significantly lower time.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Gordon mott has talked about this before as well. I have never tried but I just might have to now.
So it's independent invention - like that like that cowboy singer in the 1940s who discovered the Tibetan overtone method of throat-singing. Still, The Gordon Mott Method doesn't sound nearly as impressive as La Methode de Jascques Puisais.

The article on the Puisais Method uses a soft flame. I wonder what effect that has. Most people on this forum use a butane lighter. It is a more intense heat, but for a significantly lower time.
I'm thinking using cedar spills with this way of lighting, and you can't go wrong!

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I can't use a torche lighter without tasting burnt in my cigar... butane soft flame I can manage but matches and spills do wonder.

Maybe I need a better torche, or courses on how to use them. But the quickness of it isn't worth the taste difference in my mind. I smoke cigars to relax, not stress about how long it takes to light them ;)

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I can't use a torche lighter without tasting burnt in my cigar... butane soft flame I can manage but matches and spills do wonder.

Maybe I need a better torche, or courses on how to use them. But the quickness of it isn't worth the taste difference in my mind. I smoke cigars to relax, not stress about how long it takes to light them ;)
Are you utilizing the French spelling of "torch" on purpose?
If so, lol

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've noticed that, too - the fancy torch lighter results in a bitter taste so I use a cheapo bic when I'm not using spills. I use the torch for touch-ups, though.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Damn, now I gotta buy matches? This cigar bidness is gettin spensive. And 3 matches? I will get some fireplace matches and just use 1. Might even make me a video.
Nah, probably not gonna happen.