What's new

Lighting your cigar: La Méthode de Jacques Puisais

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Haha it is all good brother. If it makes it better for you, even just mentally, then continue to do it. Mindset plays a role in each experience all the same.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I lit my Halftime Cigar this way today. Cutting AFTER the light is going to be my way from now on...Just saying! I will still use a lighter but blowing after the cut made this stick better..IMHO..Which aint $H!T to be honest but its mine :)

Cheers
Jay

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
When you do that, you loose the predraw. But it light well. So I guess its a ceremonial trade off.

Not sure it adds anything compared to roasting it as long with the cut already made. But i like it. I know for me wood beats torch lighter any time as i burn the foot with any torch.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
so my chick and I tried this twice this weekend, we both lit the same cigars at the same time using each method and I have to say I think it does in fact make a difference. I kind of have my doubts about the cutting aspect since you are purging before your first puff but as someone who rarely uses a soft flame I think that definitely makes a big difference in the cigar starting out burning cooler. We smoked PCR's and quesada seleccion espana corona's, two cigars we are both very familiar with and I think they both started out much smoother and richer than toasting and lighting with a torch.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Clint makes the most important point. If not done blind, the review is worthless. If you want it to taste better using this method, it's likely it will. I would add that testing only one cigar using this method is not near enough. Too many variables. 10 would give you a more accurate picture.
Again, any sort of comparison or test would HAVE to be done blind in order to have any validity at all.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
At the end of any day....we're all creatures of habit and the mind along with any habit has a lot to do with what they deem is justified in their actions. Some might like lighting their cigar with a tree branch or a flare....to talk anybody into using something else is usually a waste of time unless that person is open to trying new things.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
tried it already once with the last cc I fired up - '13 r&j mf
textbook burn characteristics , superior aromatics, & solid progressive flavor build up to a deep sweet core finish.
Sold and will continue to practice this method from now on end

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to get this a shot. If nothing else, if this gives me more "enjoyable" time out of my cigars, I'm all for it. I will have to forgo my torch and use some of the cedar spills that I still have.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I've done this a few times now. Not with matches but with a soft flame lighter. I get a better burn overall and I think (still need to try a side by side comparison) I get a better flavor from the get go.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I've been doing this for years! Didn't know it had such a fancy name though. An old cowboy from some Texas oil fields showed me this trick while we setup camp for the crew that night. He was lighting his with sticks lit from the fire. He said the air has heated air wouldnt travel up through the cigar when it closed. It works great when the only thing I have is a zippo. Just make sure you let it burn a few seconds first or you still get that fluid smell. I still hold that night close to me. He gave me some handrolled cigars (cheroots?)