What's new

Local Pipe Clubs (and how to start one if none are available)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Spread the word and start one?? LOL
Go for it! There are several brothers here who are members of local pipe clubs (sadly, I am not one of them) and I have little to no doubt that they'd be willing to advise you on how to proceed. I would think that the first step would be to find a local B&M that doesn't mind a group of pipe smokers (some places don't like the different aromas from pipe tobacco mingling with cigars). Then toss out a notice on any of the pipe groups on Facebook.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Go for it! There are several brothers here who are members of local pipe clubs (sadly, I am not one of them) and I have little to no doubt that they'd be willing to advise you on how to proceed. I would think that the first step would be to find a local B&M that doesn't mind a group of pipe smokers (some places don't like the different aromas from pipe tobacco mingling with cigars). Then toss out a notice on any of the pipe groups on Facebook.
I have one that I frequent in mind. I'll have to ask next time I go.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
This would be awesome if they made a local pipe club for us Long Islanders. Although the NY pipe club that @K Williams joined up with is only a train ride into NYC and maybe a cab. Just sucks as I wish it was further west and a little closer to home....one day I hope one comes around...
You and me both! Although, with my luck, it would be at Exit 60something off the LIE. LOL. I haven't made it to a NYPC monthly meeting yet!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You and me both! Although, with my luck, it would be at Exit 60something off the LIE. LOL. I haven't made it to a NYPC monthly meeting yet!
HAHA. Well, we can only hope one will start up. I MIGHT inquire at Village Cigar HQ in Patchogue and Babylon (Since Babylon is just opening up) and also Matador Cigars in Massapequa, since the manager of the store is a big pipe guy. Heck, maybe there's a club started and no one knows about them yet....either way it won't hurt to inquire. The worst they can say is no.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@CVAC085 in regards to our private discussions, someone who's commented here would surely be able to help you get a club started!
Thanks Clint!! Just curious to see what I can do to maybe get something going here.....my friend just did one in North Carolina with Hutch Pipes. So we shall see.

I think NYPC is at a new venue now. I can check with their president Lou Carbone and check on facebook when they advertise it that they're having a meeting.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks Clint!! Just curious to see what I can do to maybe get something going here.....my friend just did one in North Carolina with Hutch Pipes. So we shall see.

I think NYPC is at a new venue now. I can check with their president Lou Carbone and check on facebook when they advertise it that they're having a meeting.
The New York Pipe Club meetings are held at the Soho Cigar Bar in Manhattan. The second Tuesday of every month at 6pm.