What's new

Looking for a new tv *UPDATE*

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
For the cables, as long as they work and are recent ones they will be fine. Since it is digital either the signal goes through or it doesn't, there is no improvement buying overpriced cables. The gold ends just protect corrosion but who cares when you can buy cables from monoprice or amazon for under $10

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
For the cables, as long as they work and are recent ones they will be fine. Since it is digital either the signal goes through or it doesn't, there is no improvement buying overpriced cables. The gold ends just protect corrosion but who cares when you can buy cables from monoprice or amazon for under $10
good. thats what i wanted to hear. lol

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks for the tread and all the posts guys as I am going to be buying a tv in the next couple days too. All the info was helpful. My biggest issue is the living room where the TV will be going is bright, so I am leaning more towards a 50-52" LED. We will see I guess, I have about $1400 to play with so.....wish me luck in dealing with the wife heh
~

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
hmm, there is a great deal on a 55" panasonic 3d tv for $1099. Go check out slickdeals and do a search for HDTV. If you can't find it I'll link you up when I get home. Don't have access to slickdeals here.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It looks like I have narrowed it down to the 55" LG Led 55lw5700 and Samsung 55" Plasma. The only thing I am worried about is the fact that I have kids who move around a lot. I am leaning more towards the LG as they have a passive 3d system with cheaper glasses that you can wear for longer and not have to worry about moving around while watching. Any thoughts/input?

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ended up with the LG 55lw6500. So far, what a freaking amazing picture! All the bells and whistles! I went a bit higher than originally hoped for, but I think it's worth it. I am going to play with the features more tonight to figure out how to stream my pc's movies to the tv. Gotta go buy a Ps3 now for the 3d blueray, I hear they are having a wicked sale right now.