What's new

Looking to Buy a new Camera

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am unsure what camera I want yet. There is so much to factor. I am unsure of DSLR vs. mirrorless. I have read several good things about the rebel t5 and there are great bundles for it. I have also read good things about Lumix so I have no idea.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I really wished you lived in NY LOL def don't buy t5 I would tell you to buy the t4i before the t5 remember cameras are like TVs and cars they just keep producing for new consumers who don't know better and want the new stuff.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I will definitely remember that. I am still in the research stage I am hoping maybe Black Friday will have a can't miss deal. If not I will definitely keep you in mind brother. Also still unsure if I go DSLR or mirrorless

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
No matter what, you probably won't really know what you need or want until you get something and use it a while. Then in a year or two you will be ready for something new. It can be an expensive hobby.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm by far no expert, but I've had very good luck with the Nikon line. I'm currently using the D5100 which shoots excellent photos and does some really nice hd movies. I have two lenses and the best part is the whole thing was well under 1000, my buddy who is a professional photographer talked me out of anything higher because he said I simply wouldn't need it. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
See that is what I am looking at too I don't want to spend outrageous amounts of money as I don't really have it but also this is a new hobby too. Yes the slope is like all others. I just want definitive direction to go on.

Rac I see your point that is why anytime I am at best buy, Costco and place with cameras on display I pick them up play with them and see how they feel. I am very hands on.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Seems like this hasn't been active in a while and surprised no one mentioned the website, BorrowLenses.com to check out as well. Basically what you do is pick out lenses and/or camera bodies etc to rent for a period of time. I'd probably recommend doing that this way you can shoot with it for a little bit and see if it's something you really want or heck you might say I can't stand this DSLR or this lens. B&H is a great resource and I've ordered plenty from them. Adorama is another local B&M shop in NYC that is similar to B&H and also rents equipment I believe as well.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I went through got an amazing deal on a canon t5i. I have been so happy with it thus far has been an amazing camera. Learning the ins and outs of photography and I know brothers here can help with pointers.

jkittle99

Josh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Lots of really great advice here. I shoot a Nikon D90 and do some maternity photography on the side. Just get a camera in your hands and start taking pictures. I agree with the advice of 'buy a cheaper body and get good lenses' as well as 'buy a few models back'. Lots of good stuff has come out in the past 10 years thats still awesome. Its more than a number of megapixels game. Good luck!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Canon SX50. Look and feel of DSLR. Takes great photos with up to 50X optical zoom. Priced less than $500. I have a DSLR camera and take a lot of photos of birds and butterflies. A lenses that gives me the capability to shoot the photos with the DSLR was in the 5 figure range. I now use the Canon SX 50 most of the time.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That is how I go about it. I just try shooting see how it turns out. If I don't like it I tweak the settings and work from there. I use the manual settings. AV TV and M. It's gives me more control and it is easy to learn from.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Once you know your basic knowledge of a DSLR, there's really no wrong way to take a picture. And remember, it's not the camera that takes the picture, it's you behind it doing the work. You don't need to have the biggest, baddest, most expensive one out there.

Congratulations on the t5i, I too have one as well! I love it.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks ya it has been a good camera I spent some extra on lenses and I see the difference from my kit lense to my pancake lense thats for sure.
Play with all of the features. I'm not a professional nor an amateur, but pretty advanced. My Rebel XS is like a fisher-price camera compared to the t5i now. I still have a lot of learning to do with it. But congrats and use it well! If you have any questions (or any of my other fellow BOTL's or SOTL's), shoot me a PM. I'll do my best to help you out in any way I can. I don't think I have e-mail notification for it, but I check this forum 1,000x a day anyway. LOL.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks I appreciate it brother I am definitely playing around with the settings and correcting things. I am also good with lightroom so I can correct errors I make also...

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks I appreciate it brother I am definitely playing around with the settings and correcting things. I am also good with lightroom so I can correct errors I make also...
I have to upgrade my lightroom software. My problem is the cigar and pipe smoking hobby takes my money! LOL. But all joking aside, It's cheap enough to purchase just haven't had the time to buy and actually sit down and check it out.