What's new

Looking to start a non specific Fantasy Football league- update

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Can results get changed after the fact?

I sent a message to strife to find out if his buy in was received.

I don't really read the messages at the bottom of the page, but I went back and read them.

One comment about a previous comment regarding waiver moves. IMO, there's nothing wrong with making waiver moves to take advantage of match ups. I make a lot of waiver moves, some work out, some don't. But it's just trying to do everything possible to win. As opposed to joshchi who doesn't manage his team.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
If you give everyone a win for the rest of the season, everyone should get a win, including me and the other team that lost to his team...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Why I thought you can no longer just give everyone a win all season long:

I would say to give each team a win that played him except that then some teams would have 2 byes and that is not fair. Due to this I think the only fair thing to do now is have the teams play him with whatever roster he has left up. This way it is sort of like playing someone and isn't just a free 2 games for some people and 1 free game for others.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0

I would say to give each team a win that played him except that then some teams would have 2 byes and that is not fair. Due to this I think the only fair thing to do now is have the teams play him with whatever roster he has left up. This way it is sort of like playing someone and isn't just a free 2 games for some people and 1 free game for others.
I agree this is the only fair way to do it. If you play him and lose then you lose.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1

Since we've come to the forum with this discussion let me just say that I support giving everyone a win for exactly the reason you state Shake. Since some teams do play him twice there is an advantage to winning a game against a team that has no manager in that there may be players spots unfilled.

Each player would get a win but still have to manage their own team to get as many points as possible for their team. So it's not like everyone gets a bye because depending on how well we put together our roster that day some will fare better. At least as managers we've still influenced how our teams do.

Just my 2 cents.

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
his buy in has been covered.
since we have to play his team anyway,i say let's play as is. win,lose,or draw,the outcome would be the same regardless if he had paid or not...

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I spoke with strife, and since I'm the commish of the league (I actually didn't realize that) the decision is this.

Kuazi's games will stand. Whatever his lineup is, that's what you go up against. If you lose, you lose. If you win, you win. Or if you're like me, you tie. It sucks, but really the only fair way is to just let the results stand on their own merits. Especially since his wins and tie look like they came after he gave up.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Congrats to the winners!

League Champion - Sin City Spoilers :1st:
2nd Place - Team Khaos :2nd:
3rd Place - Steel Curtain :3rd: