What's new

Lounge rules

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I walk in with smokes, usually to nuke a friend while herfing but I'll ALWAYS make a purchase regardless. Because that's just the right thing to do. Support a local shop. Smoking the sticks there or not depends on how much time I have and how long smoke lasts.

In that case, I'd go get a feel for the place and see what happens. Worse case scenario just walk out and don't buy anything.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Talking about davidus?!?!...I've never actually smoked there but I buy my onesie twosie stuff to try....the guys that work there are not too sharp...I'd just buy one there and have yours in your pocket and switch them as you walk from the counter to the lounge. I haven't tried Chesapeake but I heard it's kinda lame.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I follow most rules pretty much everywhere I go. I don't follow this rule at any shop I've been at.
I buy a few sticks and smoke what I bought. I take the band off and that makes the issue moot pretty much every time. My local would be fine with me just going there to smoke whatever I had and not buying anything (but it's an hour away and it's closed now.)

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
This will sound extreme lol but I come from a criminal background lucky enough not to get caught and fortunate enough to turn it all around. I'm very proud of being upstanding and representing a successful productive individual. I'm not performing a switcharoo you've no idea what it's like being black and being suspected of something as minor as a switcharoo. I already get the side eye when I walk into all my favorite hobbies until I prove I'm educated, well versed in the hobby, and am not window shopping or stealing.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have no problem with a store creating and enforcing rules such as that. It's their establishment, so they have a right to make rules like that. They are the ones investing at least six figures on starting a business, and I can understand them wanting to see a ROI. I've seen a lot of people go to stores and lounges and rarely/never purchase cigars.
The buy rule I have no problem with either it's the smoke part that's whack. what difference does it make if I buy one and smoke mine? Or buy one for everyone of mine I smoke? You still sell the same amount of sticks.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So this is really all at face value and I know that's to scare away the mooches etc ... im socially skilled I can get around most things. I know how to talk to people but to top it they aren't answering the phone!!!! I'm at green turtle having a beer lol fuck it.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Talking about davidus?!?!...I've never actually smoked there but I buy my onesie twosie stuff to try....the guys that work there are not too sharp...I'd just buy one there and have yours in your pocket and switch them as you walk from the counter to the lounge. I haven't tried Chesapeake but I heard it's kinda lame.
Lol yeah Davidus right down the street and around the corner from the mall. Perfect location. Lol

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So this is really all at face value and I know that's to scare away the mooches etc ... im socially skilled I can get around most things. I know how to talk to people but to top it they aren't answering the phone!!!! I'm at green turtle having a beer lol fuck it.
I was there at 4 and they were swamped, that's probably why they're not answering....

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Honestly, the beer/pizza analogy is fair, as they are providing the place for you to enjoy a consumable product. And what if I'm smoking something the lounge doesn't carry, and other guys want to know where to get it? That takes away from the lounge's business if I say "oh, go online to so and so..."

The non supported brand of stick...that's a valid but circumstantial argument. Everybody there still bought a stick and if they come back will buy a stick. Hard to say what effect having to buy that one brand of stick elsewhere will affect the buyer and the shop. But never the less a good point.
I say it's not a fair comparison because they are not the same commodity. No I wouldn't take a pizza into a pizza joint. I don't have 700 pizzas at home either. I DO take beer to the beer spot for bottle shares they have a corkage fee. In any case cigars are unique in this respect. We take them places to smoke in places. It's not even customary to cook a cheeseburger and take it to a restaurant to eat it. Lol

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I haven't been to many cigar lounges, but I try to follow their rules when I am there. If I don't like their rules, I don't go back.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is a subject that comes up from time to time and there are always conflicting thoughts. At the end of any day the Shop sets the rules and the tone and as a consumer we can either do business there or take it down the road. B&M's already have a problem with sales so to have a policy that tells patrons to buy/purchase a cigar from their business before lighting one up in their lounge is fair and I do that to support them. I always carry my own around when I am out so when I go into a B&M that I don't know I ask the manager while I am buying a cigar from them if it's ok to smoke what I have...usually they tell me it's fine because I am buying a few sticks from them. In the last 10 years I've had maybe 3 places that told me I couldn't....even when I was going to purchase several cigars. Upon hearing their response I would tell them ...."well pal...you not only lost a $50 sale but I'd never come here again and will go to your competition and give them my business since I know they'll appreciate it." Then I walk out leaving the cigars on the table.

It's a sad thing when B&M's will turn away business when the tobacco industry is failing....I give each place respect when I enter and will be truthful to them as far as my intentions and when they let me smoke what I have while buying from them and smoking it later they have a forever consumer. Treat me like $hit....then I not only don't return I tell my friends about their treatment. It's a 2 way street...respect me and I'll respect you....good neighbor policy.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I just tested their theory and bought a Big Mac at McDonald's and took it over to a local joint called Ron's Hamburgers (incredible burgers!) and was all but shot. Not sure if I'll be able to eat, poop, or walk for a week. I'm actually typing this out with the one finger I have left which isn't broken.

I hope this self-inflicted pain helps everyone to just simply "obey the law of the land" (B&M) and buy their freaking products. Or, if you want the Big Mac, stay at McDonald's. (y)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pics or it's a fairy tale. As long as you buy something from the place you're sitting down they don't give a crap. People walk in and out of McDiddys all day long using their restrooms and never buy anything...so this is a bit suspect but humorous.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can't tell you the number of times I've seen families eating McD's burgers except for the one little guy with the Wendy's Chili.