What's new

Lounge rules

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
It's a sad thing when B&M's will turn away business when the tobacco industry is failing.....
What makes you believe this is true? Every day more and more cigar lounges are opening up. The industry is not dying at all. You're from ATL...where it seems like there is a new fancy cigar lounge opening every week.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
before the lounge near me closed i would drop a $10 cutting to smoke a cigar there in the mornings. Id only smoke one of my own. The $10 was way more profit than they would normally make off me if i bought a shitty non cuban. I sat down with the owner and he agreed.

But if he wouldve turned me down i wouldve never gone back and just found another place.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I just tested their theory and bought a Big Mac at McDonald's and took it over to a local joint called Ron's Hamburgers (incredible burgers!) and was all but shot. Not sure if I'll be able to eat, poop, or walk for a week. I'm actually typing this out with the one finger I have left which isn't broken.

I hope this self-inflicted pain helps everyone to just simply "obey the law of the land" (B&M) and buy their freaking products. Or, if you want the Big Mac, stay at McDonald's. (y)
If you went over to Ron's an bought 4 cheeseburgers and ate your big mac there, you think they would care?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
As long as I paid the $10 bag opening fee all would probably be okay.
If ALL cigar stores had a cutting fee and people paid it, we would not be having this discussion. Your argument is flawed and you're just dead wrong. :)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What makes you believe this is true? Every day more and more cigar lounges are opening up. The industry is not dying at all. You're from ATL...where it seems like there is a new fancy cigar lounge opening every week.
Probably because I travel all around the US...have at least 30 Owners and Managers who tell me about the Industry and from their friends who own B&M's. The anti tobacco lobby is still a threat and there are more closings than openings. Just to open a B&M requires contracts from brand manufacturers and they just don't give them away at the cheapest prices...friends that have owned their stores have had contracts for 20 years and they tell me if they had to open a store today they couldn't afford to stock it with product. I do live in Atlanta and San Diego so even both places aren't growing...the same ones that have been in business for the last decade are still there but they face their own challenges of staying open. Whoever told you that the Industry isn't failing must live in a cave.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Probably because I travel all around the US...have at least 30 Owners and Managers who tell me about the Industry and from their friends who own B&M's. The anti tobacco lobby is still a threat and there are more closings than openings. Just to open a B&M requires contracts from brand manufacturers and they just don't give them away at the cheapest prices...friends that have owned their stores have had contracts for 20 years and they tell me if they had to open a store today they couldn't afford to stock it with product. I do live in Atlanta and San Diego so even both places aren't growing...the same ones that have been in business for the last decade are still there but they face their own challenges of staying open. Whoever told you that the Industry isn't failing must live in a cave.
Sounds about right.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well to be accurate since you said my number was imaginary all you would have to do is see one to make your statement in-correct.

There many not be any Wendys in Denver but there are plenty down here. Most of them with a McDonalds on one side off their driveway and a Burger King on the other. My sister would have to make two stops whenever they went out for junk food. My nephew insisted on chili and a Frosty from Wendys. Everyone else ate Happy Meals and Big Macks. Never a problem, most of the places just didn't want the kids being upset because the didn't get what they wanted.

Just like I would be if I had to smoke wet cigars because the B&M wouldn't let me purchase cigars from them and then smoke what I wanted from my traveldor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the small mom-and-pop stores I go to on occassion, I follow whatever rule they have. I feel like they're more protective because their margin is a lot smaller and a bad month can ruin a small business.

The really large B&M I go to has signage that states you have to buy a stick to use the lounge. I've never seen it enforced (and I don't always follow it). I got a feeling they get enough retail purchases (there's always people all times of the day in the store making box purchases) that they wouldn't want to alienate a regular crowd. I go there about 4 or 5 times a month and don't always purchase but still end each month with about a box worth of purchases so I guess that's sufficient to the staff.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Well to be accurate since you said my number was imaginary all you would have to do is see one to make your statement in-correct.

There many not be any Wendys in Denver but there are plenty down here. Most of them with a McDonalds on one side off their driveway and a Burger King on the other. My sister would have to make two stops whenever they went out for junk food. My nephew insisted on chili and a Frosty from Wendys. Everyone else ate Happy Meals and Big Macks. Never a problem, most of the places just didn't want the kids being upset because the didn't get what they wanted.

Just like I would be if I had to smoke wet cigars because the B&M wouldn't let me purchase cigars from them and then smoke what I wanted from my traveldor.
No, dude, I never said your number was imaginary. I may have called a little exaggeration on your part, but now your claim of "can't count how many times" seems a little more believable since it's your own family acting as perpetrator. At any rate, it's still a good bet for you since if I go a whole day without seeing the aforementioned offense, I get only one fiver. However, if multiple people a day brought chili to McDonald's to eat, you'd get multiple fivers.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
@mistaforty I can't believe you even looked these rules up in the first place lol

I would have walked in, bought a cigar, threw it in my traveldor or jacket pocket, and smoked one of my own without even thinking about it. Ignorance is bliss.
I always look or call ahead. I'm just all about compliance. I don't want no problems.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I always look or call ahead. I'm just all about compliance. I don't want no problems.
I'm never trying to intentionally disobey the rules, but I always feel that as long as I'm contributing to their profits then who are they to try and Gestapo what I smoke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
But your honor, I bought a couple of cigars from the guy behind the counter, went and sat down, lit one I brought from the house and the next fing I know,.....here I am standing in front of you wif two missing front teef, a broken nose and bruised knuckles!