• I strongly dislike Maduros

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Other – See my post

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I tend to gravitate to Natural wrappers. However, recently I have been on a maduro tear with the perdomo2 maduro and perdomo grand cru maduro being the main reasons.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The only maduro that I like is the padron.

Also, I think that classifying broadleaf as maduro is a faux pas, as the leaf goes thru no extra fermentation to attain the dark color. Anyone agree?

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I never pick out, or look to buy a cigar just because it's maduro. But, I've found that many of my favorite cigars are either maduro or cameroon.

awhitaker

HoosierOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to go for the maduro if there is a choice in wrappers. Padron and Fuente are two that I tend to pick the Maduros. With that said, I really like Pepin's smokes as well as the Liga Privadas, viajes, illusione, CAOs and others who choose the best wrapper for that line. The wrapper could be a maduro or criollo or brazillian or Sumatran or habano but they choose the one that bests compliments the filler and binder. It's kind of like a five-star chef asking the diner what type of sauce they should put on your entree. While I love Padron, I'd like to know which wrapper the master blender preferred when they made the cigar. I think it comes down to trying to please more smokers and thus make more money.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
What is Maduro?

-San Andreas
-Connecticut Broadleaf
-PA Broadleaf
-Costa Rican (Jaltepec)
-Habano
-Brazilian Arapiraca
-Brazilian Mata Fine
-Oscuro

Maduro is not my favorite, but there are some Cameroon sticks that I won't go near. More importantly, I'd like to see the industry move away from some of the dirty secrets of Maduro.

1. Call it what it is, not the m-word. This will only help educate customers, etc...
2. Quit lying where you get stuff from. (1926, cough, cough...)
3. Quit all the crap that goes on with cooking, dying, etc..
4. Maduro is "ripe", not "dark" even Spanish dumbies like me can use Google Translate
P.S. I'm sick of seeing fairly heavy smokers think "Maduro" or dark = fullness, either in strength or flavor. San Andreas and Broadleaf are two very different breads.

Yes, I've been saving this rant for a while. No, this isn't the full version.
oscuro is spanish for "dark"

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Padron Anniversary Series, RP Vintage 92's, and LP #9's are some of my favorites. If all things are equal I will grab maduro wrappers over others in a B&M store to try as well.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Depends on what I'm in the mood to smoke.....it's all good. Well except for painted on maduro.

ThatGuy3510

Alpha-nerd
Rating - 94.1%
36   2   1
When I first started smoking seriously, I somehow became hell-bent on maduros, so much I think I kinda got burned out on them (no pun intended) for about a year. Over the last 6 months I've worked them back in, and now they're about half my current stock.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
When I first started smoking I thought the darker the cigar the cooler I looked. If you look in my humi now, I’ve got maybe 10 sticks that are legit Maduros. And the other 250, are not. The PAM 64 is my favorite all time cigar, but most do not do it for me.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
You know, I just smoke what I like. Half the time I could not tell you the wrapper, binder, or filler. I'm sure it is marketing as when i bought Pardon 44 or 45, I went with the Maduro. I have never smoked a natural in either on of those. maybe, the whole darker the berry, sweeter the juice ideology.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I prefer Maduros. For some reason I think matching the wrapper color to what I am drinking usually works out well.

Dark beer or dark rum = Maduro

Blue moon or scotch = lighter wrapper

It seems to work well for me. I am a big dark beer drinker so I normally lean toward Maduro.

Oh - I never smoke with out a drink. It is just my routine.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In my limited experiance with maduros I've found that they (generalization) sometimes lack the complexity that other wrappers bring. Don't get me wrong as there are complex maduros out there - Anejos for starters. But overall, I've found the dark & earthy profile dominates leaving me with a one-note cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title of the thread really doesn't match the poll. I almost didn't even check it out because of the title. Seems like a Maduro lovers only kind of thread from title so the poll may not be 100% accurate. Just saying.