What's new

Mail Order Cigar Companies Will Be Out Of Business....

Cigahs

Famous Warrior
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep...

Just imagine... I've been in this business since 1996... Had a good run, made a lot of friends and a few enemies.

My company engages in stiff competition with its competitors. We've had rivalries paralleling New York and Boston and price wars every time someone takes a daring leap to discount products further and deeper. Some of it has been stressful but most of it has been fun and worth the struggles to get your business.

But that will be all for naught in a very short time. Why? FDA...

Most people (inside and outside of this business) have failed to see the gravity of this situation. So let me make it clear..

If the FDA gets their way, you will not be able to order your cigars online. It's just that simple.

Of course, online stores will not be the only casualties.
Walk-in humidors will be banned. You'll have to ask for your cigar by name to someone who will hand it to you. No more see, touch, smell.
Manufacturers will have to submit cigars to the US government for testing. And they'll have to pay for the privilege. But they will not be allowed to advertise their products. New brands would be impossible to identify.

Sound like fiction? It's not..

Perhaps this is the wrong forum to post this in as it may be moved to the another section.. But it really won't matter in a few months, as FDA plans their assault on your cigars and my livelihood.

Want to know more???

http://www.famous-smoke.com/fda/4/

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/29/cigar-lovers-industry-unite-to-snuff-out-fda-regulatory-agenda/

Spread the word.. This is a fight where everyone must get involved.

Humberto

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
It's a pretty sobering reality that we ALL need to be aware of AND take action against.

I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy ordering cigars online, walk-in humis, and not having wonderful, creative tobacco blends being reduced to a sea of indistinguisable garbage by some government group that knows nothing of a fine cigar.

Sound dramatic? Read up on it...It's pretty f-in scary.

Last edited:

Cigahs

Famous Warrior
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... We've got a huge problem here...

The FDA is shutting the door to public opinion on December 8th before making any rulings.

If you've got a voice, now's the time to use it.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
It's a pretty sobering reality that we ALL need to be aware of AND take action against.

I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy ordering cigars online, walk-in humis, and not having wonderful, creative tobacco blends being reduced to a sea of indistinguisable garbage by some government group that knows nothing of a fine cigar.

Sound dramatic? Read up on it...It's pretty f-in scary.

^^^this^^^:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is exactly the reason why I became a member of the CRA, and try to donate where I can and try to bring it's message out to people I know, and sometimes others. Like the one time I was getting a coffee one morning this summer, and I was wearing the white "I'm with the CRA, and I vote" Tee shirts that came with the membership... it started a 10 min coversation initiated by a lady that was curious, and then a couple passerbys that happened in on our conversation. Be active, and support the CRA, because they support you.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This is exactly the reason why I became a member of the CRA, and try to donate where I can and try to bring it's message out to people I know, and sometimes others. Like the one time I was getting a coffee one morning this summer, and I was wearing the white "I'm with the CRA, and I vote" Tee shirts that came with the membership... it started a 10 min coversation initiated by a lady that was curious, and then a couple passerbys that happened in on our conversation. Be active, and support the CRA, because they support you.
Nice.

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I sent my letter thru the CRA website, and who would have thought. My local representatives Marco Rubio & Bill Nelson are the 2 guys that are pushing for the cigars to be exempt from the regulations. Great to live in such a Pro cigar state!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Banning of everything is what the antis want.

Ban where you can smoke.

Ban accessability to purchase cigars, by killing on line.

Ban accesability to purchase cigars by limiting the b & m locations.

Banning cigars bars.

Banning reasonable ability for family businesses to come out with any new brands or even skus (cigar manufacturing is still primarily fam businesses, say padron, perdomo, fuente, olia, drew, rp, and etc).

Banning how you can make your cigars.

Banning how to market your cigars.

Banning where you can market your cigars, and people, we dont market in nursury books.

And the list goes on and on.

Cra has the plan and the mobilization to fight this to the bitter end and quite possibly win.

We have over 120 co sponsors in the fed congress, including many many dems such as jesse jackson jr and wrangel.

We are hurting in the senate with 5 or 6, but they are ready to come on board right now, as they were wating to see what the house group would do first.

We can win and save premium cigars but the fight is on right now. If we dont get the exemption, the antis will keep coming back and back an back because this is how they keep their jobs, regulating and attacking and re attacking.

Politucs sucks, but this is the one time fight that we must win, then back to normal. We can do it.

Jd

Cigahs

Famous Warrior
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Banning of everything is what the antis want.

Ban where you can smoke.

Ban accessability to purchase cigars, by killing on line.

Ban accesability to purchase cigars by limiting the b & m locations.

Banning cigars bars.

Banning reasonable ability for family businesses to come out with any new brands or even skus (cigar manufacturing is still primarily fam businesses, say padron, perdomo, fuente, olia, drew, rp, and etc).

Banning how you can make your cigars.

Banning how to market your cigars.

Banning where you can market your cigars, and people, we dont market in nursury books.

And the list goes on and on.

Cra has the plan and the mobilization to fight this to the bitter end and quite possibly win.

We have over 120 co sponsors in the fed congress, including many many dems such as jesse jackson jr and wrangel.

We are hurting in the senate with 5 or 6, but they are ready to come on board right now, as they were wating to see what the house group would do first.

We can win and save premium cigars but the fight is on right now. If we dont get the exemption, the antis will keep coming back and back an back because this is how they keep their jobs, regulating and attacking and re attacking.

Politucs sucks, but this is the one time fight that we must win, then back to normal. We can do it.

Jd
Thanks for chiming in, Jon..

Props to Pete also for tuning in a few posts ago.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Still a member, never got a shirt, and I think that more people would join if the shops would support the cause as well. Give a member a small discount, even 5% is something, after all the membership dues are helping to keep them in business. I've been to some shops that don't even know what the CRA is.

That being said, my letters are sent!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I said this on another forum but will copy / paste here.

Although there is a lot of non-believers, CRA is the best we have today. Us, the 'private smoking sector', are the back-bone and we need to rally and support CRA organization in order to continue what we love ... cigars ! I'm amazed that there are still so many people who are not aware of today's situation, CRA, or current petitions. Not their fault. We need to keep each other honest.

Familiarize yourself with H.R. 1639 / S. 1461 - Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act IMMEDIATELY. Also, if you are not a CRA member, sign up IMMEDIATELY !!!

Thanks ...

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
I sent my letter thru the CRA website, and who would have thought. My local representatives Marco Rubio & Bill Nelson are the 2 guys that are pushing for the cigars to be exempt from the regulations. Great to live in such a Pro cigar state!
My Representatives in KS are pushing for exemption as well. Hopefully enough other states reps are behind this to stop it.

**EDIT** After looking at the CRA website I see that ALL of KS representatives are supporting the fight :thumbsup:

Last edited: