What's new

Memorial Day cookin

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I made up some burgers. 2/3 ground chuck to 1/3 loose pork sausage with almost an ounce of dried shitake mushroom powder, little garlic salt, and some smoked paprika worked into the meat. Then I topped them with goat cheese and a port wine syrup on top of buns that were toasted with a little bit of mayo. I think stilton would have been a better cheese but my wife isn't a fan of any type of blue cheese so we got soft goat cheese. The mushrooms were purchased whole but I used an old spinning blade coffee grinder, now spice grinder, to pulverize them to a powder. They were so juicy and had a nice savory flavor that was balanced by the tangy goat cheese and sweet port reduction.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I made up some burgers. 2/3 ground chuck to 1/3 loose pork sausage with almost an ounce of dried shitake mushroom powder, little garlic salt, and some smoked paprika worked into the meat. Then I topped them with goat cheese and a port wine syrup on top of buns that were toasted with a little bit of mayo. I think stilton would have been a better cheese but my wife isn't a fan of any type of blue cheese so we got soft goat cheese. The mushrooms were purchased whole but I used an old spinning blade coffee grinder, now spice grinder, to pulverize them to a powder. They were so juicy and had a nice savory flavor that was balanced by the tangy goat cheese and sweet port reduction.
Niiiice I like

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I realize I left out the total meat weight. This time it was 2lbs beef to 1lb sausage. Thatss sort of an important ratio when wanting to add the mushroom powder.