What's new

Memorial Day cookin

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Yeah. I had to pull it off at 191ish and only let it sit for half an hour. Have to chop it I guess. Still should be good. The bark is fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always get about the same size butts and have had them take from just over 12 hours on low side to a high of 20 when cooking two. I've found it best to leave myself ample time in case they run long. Can always wrap in tin foil and place with a bunch of towels in a cooler and it will stay hot for hours.

Enjoy!

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Thanks. Shoulda woulda coulda. Damn Gary Wiviott. Let me believe that I could get through the plateau in 2 hours. I'll know better next time!

KK33

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Anybody know what to do with 5lbs of pulled pork leftovers? I am going to freeze em, but beyond that??? If this sounds like a dumb question, keep in mind that I'm Canadian.

KK33

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Anybody know what to do with 5lbs of pulled pork leftovers? I am going to freeze em, but beyond that??? If this sounds like a dumb question, keep in mind that I'm Canadian.

KK33

Another keg and friends for leftovers

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't mix with barbecue sauce until before freezing but mixing with barbecue sauce before freezing will allow it to keep much better imo. Quesadillas, omelets, sandwiches, neighbors, friends, family then freezing tend to take care of our leftovers.

Welcome to the art of smoking big chunks of meat. Tending to the barbecue gives me a great excuse to enjoy cigars and drinks in the great outdoors for hours at a time. Has become a therapy of sorts and is a great way to unwind from an otherwise busy life.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Ooh. Those beans sound delish....
Yeah, it's a lot of work just to make the toughest part of the pig edible. But like you said, it's a reason to relax and a good excuse to get out of the honey do list. She's already on to me though, she knows the no peeking rule. Smart one her.
I was thinking of tacos or those wonton tacos like Crapplebees makes for leftovers.
So do you just eat it on a roll plain with the juices from the meat? My whole family put BBQ sauce on theirs, but I went plain. No slaw either. Won't forget that next time. Rambling...

KK33

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never thought of tacos but that does sound good! Sounds like you have some good ideas, after you try them out let us know how they are!

We generally just warm up Kraft original barbecue sauce (my favorite of those commonly available) for people to add as they desire, I like some on mine but prefer not to premix. I make my own rubs which is a fun little subsect of the barbecue process. Haven't made my own sauces yet but that is definitely on the to try list. There are good looking sauce recipes on the web and pretty easy. If you haven't checked it out the Weber Virtual Bullet website is a great resource for smoking on the WSM and has all sorts of info and recipes.

Happy smoking!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Dreary and gray the last couple of days. It stopped raining just long enough tonight for me to get some brats grilled though.

These are hand made by the local butcher....none of that Johnsonville crap. :tongueout

Attachments

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
And if they are what he brought to Dave's Herf they are BAD ASS!!!! ;)

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Pork Ribs. One rack with a rub my mother-in-law brought in from Hawaii and another basted in some sauce my wife wanted. I don't ask questions. I maintain the fire.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Dreary and gray the last couple of days. It stopped raining just long enough tonight for me to get some brats grilled though.

These are hand made by the local butcher....none of that Johnsonville crap. :tongueout
We followed that same thought path. Actually today was the first rainy day in a while (2 inches in 4 hours) but it managed to dry up enough for some brats. My step dad picked up a few from a brat-shop. German style, beer style, and pineapple brats. It was all pretty damn good. I finished up a growler of Boulevard 80 Acre while workin the grill.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
And if they are what he brought to Dave's Herf they are BAD ASS!!!! ;)
One and the same....

Did a little bit of beer marinade on them first. On a nice brat bun slathered with sauerkraut and mustard after they were grilled...YUMMMMMM!