What's new

Mojo

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Agreed. The cigar tobacco is naturally high in alkalinity. The addition of citric acid would help drop those numbers and smooth the tobacco. Pineapple is very high in citric acid and is probably the main reason for an improvement.

How long do you let it ferment before using it?

Did it improve the flavors?
I didn't take great notes but I let the pineapple chunks sit in a container of water for about two weeks on a counter out of the way. Sealed enough so bugs couldn't get in but the co2 from fermentation could get out. Then I strained off the solids and mixed with rum that had vanilla beans soaked in it. It's good stuff.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't take great notes but I let the pineapple chunks sit in a container of water for about two weeks on a counter out of the way. Sealed enough so bugs couldn't get in but the co2 from fermentation could get out. Then I strained off the solids and mixed with rum that had vanilla beans soaked in it. It's good stuff.
One more question... what rum did you use? There're so many different types.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Agreed. The cigar tobacco is naturally high in alkalinity. The addition of citric acid would help drop those numbers and smooth the tobacco. Pineapple is very high in citric acid and is probably the main reason for an improvement.

How long do you let it ferment before using it?

Did it improve the flavors?
Damn, I never did that experiment... I am 99% positive @Gdaddy is right

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I will say that my mojo doesn't necessarily improve flavors, it is a "smoothing agent". It works good. Sometimes too good. I did an experiment where I went mojo happy on all my filler and smoked the stick inside of 2 weeks and they were so smooth they were almost boring.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that my mojo doesn't necessarily improve flavors, it is a "smoothing agent". It works good. Sometimes too good. I did an experiment where I went mojo happy on all my filler and smoked the stick inside of 2 weeks and they were so smooth they were almost boring.
Great!! Boring/smooth is good. Then you can blend your way upwards to what ever level of intensity you want.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I see it's been a while since you purchased any. Didn't you hear...there's been a shortage on Pyrat rum due to cigar rollers making mojo from it. Yep. it's true.
I was just at the store tonight eyeballing some. Plenty on the shelves here. If you need a Hooligan hookup I'm known to put booze in the mail

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
In the expert opinion of you home-rolling experts, is mojo, or some other additive, responsible for the Liga Privada taste that costs my mouth? It just tastes fake. And the super volume of smoke makes me suspect as well. Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
In the expert opinion of you home-rolling experts, is mojo, or some other additive, responsible for the Liga Privada taste that costs my mouth? It just tastes fake. And the super volume of smoke makes me suspect as well. Thoughts?
You ever notice that no matter how long that stick is in your mouth the leaf doesn't saturate with saliva? I don't know what they do to their leaf but whatever "mojo" they use, and I guarantee they use something, it isn't natural.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
You ever notice that no matter how long that stick is in your mouth the leaf doesn't saturate with saliva? I don't know what they do to their leaf but whatever "mojo" they use, and I guarantee they use something, it isn't natural.
I abhor spit-soaked cigars, and I never let any cigar get that way so I can't state first-hand experience there, but I'm inclined to agree anyway.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drew Estate is the King of flavored cigars. They, of any other manufacturer, do more 'mojoing' than anyone else.