What's new

Morning After Cigar

Will you relight a cigar left in the ashtray, you did not finish the night before?

• Yes

Votes: 35 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 114 76.0%
  • Other (see my post)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Not a chance. Especially here in Florida, the dang thing would be so over-humidified that if it wasn't already swollen and split, it would still be unsmokable. To be honest, I can't think of a time when I've set a cigar down to peacefully die out where I would rather have finished it.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
He also eats pizza that has sat on the counter overnight so a relight cigar isn't much of a stretch
I do that, but the only circumstance I could see me relighting a cigar from the night before would be if you've got a nice rack and you're willing to share :eyebrow:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few years ago down the shore, I gave a neighbor a cigar. He is not a cigar smoker, but wanted to be social, so I gave him a nice mild CAO gold for him to smoke. He smoked some of it, but it went out as he was smoking it, because he would not shut the f up about the fish he caught that day. Anyway, after about an hour of his bullshit, he put the cigar on a glass table on his deck, which was covered and went inside. This was a Saturday night...

The next Friday night, he returned to the shore, and saw me outside enjoying a cigar. He said hey mind if I join you. I said sure, and reached to see if I had anything I could give him, since I usually bring a few for the non smoker types... He quickly said "No, I am good. I got one." I thought cool, no moocher, just a pain in the ass that doesn't know how to shut the f up. He bought his own shit. Well, not exactly. He busts out the cigar I gave him the week before that he left partially smoked on his deck. Grabs my lighter and starts puffing away. I just stared at him, and before I could say anything, he said "Wow this is even better than it was last week. Yeah, he nubbed it too...:scratchhe

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
A few years ago down the shore, I gave a neighbor a cigar. He is not a cigar smoker, but wanted to be social, so I gave him a nice mild CAO gold for him to smoke. He smoked some of it, but it went out as he was smoking it, because he would not shut the f up about the fish he caught that day. Anyway, after about an hour of his bullshit, he put the cigar on a glass table on his deck, which was covered and went inside. This was a Saturday night...

The next Friday night, he returned to the shore, and saw me outside enjoying a cigar. He said hey mind if I join you. I said sure, and reached to see if I had anything I could give him, since I usually bring a few for the non smoker types... He quickly said "No, I am good. I got one." I thought cool, no moocher, just a pain in the ass that doesn't know how to shut the f up. He bought his own shit. Well, not exactly. He busts out the cigar I gave him the week before that he left partially smoked on his deck. Grabs my lighter and starts puffing away. I just stared at him, and before I could say anything, he said "Wow this is even better than it was last week. Yeah, he nubbed it too...:scratchhe
Awsome story - that totally rocks. I would have watched him in disbelief...:bigeyes:

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

Too funny :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was thinking of putting one under my shed for the winter and handing it to this guy the first time I see him this summer. Tell him it is a special aged stick that I picked up especially for him.

With my luck, it will kill the bastard.:timebomb:

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2

*lmao* Now that is some funny Shit! Every now and then i'll relight a cigar
that went out the night before. I've heard plenty of people say that you're supposed to purge it before it goes out. A few weeks ago i heard someone say "Purge it before you relight it"..... wonder which one is the right way!? :D

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
*lmao* Now that is some funny Shit! Every now and then i'll relight a cigar
that went out the night before. I've heard plenty of people say that you're supposed to purge it before it goes out. A few weeks ago i heard someone say "Purge it before you relight it"..... wonder which one is the right way!? :D
If you want to save it for another time it is best to cut the fire off of it purge it and then store it in a cigar tube. That will preserve it the best that it can be.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I definitely would and have. Sometimes you want just a few puffs in the morning after you're done with breakfast and burning a fresh stick just doesn't make sense.

Some sticks are surprisingly good the morning after, although I live in Cali so YMMV. I've smoked many a Padron Londres maddy the morning after that were just fine.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Blech. Essence of ash and old cold tar.
Yup, what he said.
If my cigar's been out for more than 10 minutes, it's tossed in the bin.
I always make sure that I don't smoke something I don't have the time or energy to finish.

Relight it the morning after? Yuck! Might as well lick the ashtray. :barf: