What's new

Most consistent brand and cigar

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Best answer is: Padron.(y)
however you did post this in the Habanos area...............:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Padron was the first Marca that came to mind for me when I read the question too. Then when I saw it was in the Habanos thread, H. Upmann came to mind. Based on the comments above, it looks like I’m not alone in that opinion.

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Density? You weighing every cigar by volume displacement? All I meant is most guys want a consistently smokable Habanos. Leave them be at 63-66rh for a couple years and they will all smoke well.

ULA Feb 14 MdO 2

It’s smoking terribly, consistent.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Density? You weighing every cigar by volume displacement? All I meant is most guys want a consistently smokable Habanos. Leave them be at 63-66rh for a couple years and they will all smoke well.

ULA Feb 14 MdO 2

It’s smoking terribly, consistent.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Density was the best single word I could think of to indicate underfilled, overfilled, or just right. I realize some people don't mind draw resistance, but I dislike it greatly. The better NC brands are ahead a good bit on that particular metric.

Haha, it'll be a few years before myself, or likely OP is able to have plenty with a couple years rest at ideal rh. ;)

When he asked about consistency, my thoughts covered the range of aspects.

The wide range of variation in appearance, flavor, and draw that I've experienced in just a few months of smoking them is pretty significant.

Still worth it. Usually.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I agree with @Glassman here in the reaction of Jfire's Rh comment. From the original question, my reaction is to comment on how cigars taste and perform, from box to box, over the years. A certain cigar can taste very different over the years and Rh will have nothing to do with that when it comes to that years harvest, tobacco quality etc from year to year, box to box, factory to factory. The factory where it's made can make a difference too even in the same month of factory code...

I've learned over the years there is no real consistency for the most part... you can find some dud boxes for most everything. I've been chasing the memory of a great box of BBFs where others haven't even come close. I can have an outstanding box of ERDM Choix, and others not even close. I've had some great Upmann 2's whereas I've had some dark wrappered ones that were trash to me.

In my experience, the one cigar that sticks out for being consistent is the Party Short... it's been hard to find one that isn't really good.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I also cannot comment on anything that is consistent. 2013 was the most consistent year for most habanos IMO. Hard to find anything from 2013 that wasn't really good. Most inconsistent is Montecristo. I don't buy them.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I also cannot comment on anything that is consistent. 2013 was the most consistent year for most habanos IMO. Hard to find anything from 2013 that wasn't really good. Most inconsistent is Montecristo. I don't buy them.
I do enjoy Montecristo and some double Edmundos from 2013 that I have are amazing. But No 2s from Monte take the award for most inconsistent

Every box I have eve gotten 2014- present hasn’t shown any consistency.

@memphsdad will hate me for this but my most consistent line is the Hoyo San Juan

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I find Monte's to be terribly inconsistent. My Monte #4s pre-2015 were mostly great, my post 2015 ones have been mostly crap. And don't even get me started on Monte #2s. :ROFLMAO:

Not a Hoyo fan in general, so I am the wrong one to opine on them.
I should have mentioned that all of my MC 4s are 2010 or 2014...and I agree that the #2s are inconsistent

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
The only thing I find consistently is that I love cigars.

Do I take care of them? Yep - 63-65 for CCs and 65-68 for NCs.
Do I smoke some ROTT? Yep
Do I think tubos are good? Yep
Do I prefer smaller RGs? Yep
Do I find some brands inconsistent? Yep
Do I smoke them anyway and enjoy them? Yep
ilu

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The only thing I find consistently is that I love cigars.

Do I take care of them? Yep - 63-65 for CCs and 65-68 for NCs.
Do I smoke some ROTT? Yep
Do I think tubos are good? Yep
Do I prefer smaller RGs? Yep
Do I find some brands inconsistent? Yep
Do I smoke them anyway and enjoy them? Yep
BINGO!

Besides the RH (I'm a 61-62 guy), we could be cousins. Which would also mean other family relations as well if we were from Arkansas.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I’ve had boxes (ops sep 15 comes to mind) where each box was like a different surprise. One was darker than the rest, one had a lot of tight draw issues, 2 were outstanding. I that being said, I’m more likely to buy by box code if I had a good one from them. MSU Boli RC are awesome right now

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I’ve had boxes (ops sep 15 comes to mind) where each box was like a different surprise. One was darker than the rest, one had a lot of tight draw issues, 2 were outstanding. I that being said, I’m more likely to buy by box code if I had a good one from them. MSU Boli RC are awesome right now
But, but, that can't be!?!... ;)

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Gotta inspect before you buy bro. I’ll dm you my vendor info on instagram. Bout to slide in yo DMs bro

No #milkshake draw from them

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Padron was the first Marca that came to mind for me when I read the question too. Then when I saw it was in the Habanos thread, H. Upmann came to mind. Based on the comments above, it looks like I’m not alone in that opinion.
Padron was my first thought too. Reading on tapatalk, so I didn't see habanos until I started reading the replies.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I do enjoy Montecristo and some double Edmundos from 2013 that I have are amazing. But No 2s from Monte take the award for most inconsistent

Every box I have eve gotten 2014- present hasn’t shown any consistency.

@memphsdad will hate me for this but my most consistent line is the Hoyo San Juan
I love San Juans, and they are extremely consistent. But not surprising that you went with a huge ring gauge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk