• Other

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Most of the Cigars I smoke consist (at least in part) of tobacco grown in this country...

Cuba
Nicaragua
Dominican Republic
Honduras
Cameroon/Africa
Ecuador
Brazil
Mexico
Jamaica
USA
Indonesia
Other

What country attracts you when you are shopping for cigars and might want to try something new?

Is it the Wrapper, Binder or Filler that comes for this country?

If a cigar is completely constructed (Wrapper, Binder or Filler) of tobacco from only one country, it is referred to as a "puro" which means "pure" in Spanish.

Do you perfer a puro? Does it matter?

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicaragua and Dominican favorite is a Dom so that by default.

The puro idea doesn't truly attract me to buy but if a good puro is found in my humidor and I love it I will think more if it.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Nic puros are tops for me, and by a mile! I like to sprinkle in a few CC's or high end Fuente's once in a while, but 9 out of 10 cigars for me are Nic's.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Although I am a big fan of Habanos. I believe the cigar that has set the new bar is the Padron 1926 40th, so my choice was Nicaragua.

I am also a big fan of the Tatuaje T110, but they are hard to come by these days.

Both the Padron 1926 40th and the Tat T110 are Nicaraguan Puros

Last edited:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've been on a Nica kick for over a year now. And although I'm not burned out on them, I have been reaching for a lot of other stuff lately.

I've re-found my love of high-quality Dominican tobacco, in the likes of La Aurora and LFD. I've also be going back to a few of the Honduran sticks I used to like, and have found that I still like many of them!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
if this is a poll for favorite country for wrappers, I would hands down say Ecuador.

But for total cigar composition I would say the DR. Love me some Kelner and Litto. Of course I smoke a buncha Nics too.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I had to go with Nicaragua, just because it seems tobacco from there pervades everything (or almost) these days. I really like Dominican tobacco too. As for "puros", I could care less as long as the cigar was good.

Dan

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't smoke many puros. Most of my sticks these days have blends from different countries. The most frequent sources are, in no particular order, DR, Nicaragua and Honduras, with Ecuador and Mexico supplying some wrappers.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
It will be interesting to see what happens if the Cuban trade embargo lifts. Cuban-Nicaraguan blends? Tatuaje using a true Pinar del Rio Habano wrapper?

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I'm finding that I love CC's... but dollar for dollar, box for box, Nicaragua
has won this war so far. There are some extremely good Dominicans
coming out after the show. I intend to get my my hands on some! Only problem is EVERYBODY'S (All the Manufacturers) releasing new sticks! So it's gonna
be interesting.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Some really awesome sticks coming out of Nicaragua these days, so I've been exploring quite a bit of that. Overall, though, I'm a sucker for well aged Dominican tobacco.

-Charles

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
if this is a poll for favorite country for wrappers, I would hands down say Ecuador.

But for total cigar composition I would say the DR. Love me some Kelner and Litto. Of course I smoke a buncha Nics too.
Is the wrapper a bigger factor for you than the total composition? I tried to phrase the question in a way that you could answer it either way, one component that is most important or the overall composition?

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yeah, I lean toward Nicaraguan and Dominican... but chose Dominican in the poll.

Doesn't have to be a puro for me. Some great blends out there.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I definitely love the Nica's. It is by far what I smoke the most of by country. I love the full flavor/strength you get from them and the deep rich flavors. I also like La Aurora and LFD but those are about the only DR's I smoke.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Is the wrapper a bigger factor for you than the total composition? I tried to phrase the question in a way that you could answer it either way, one component that is most important or the overall composition?

For me, wrapper is by far the most important factor than the overall composition. I believe it CAN account for up to 80% of the overall flavor of the smoke (try smoking a double ligero w/o the wrapper if you don't believe me :halfgrinw). So many blends use tobacco from many different countries, even though there is definitely a trend towards puros.