What's new

Most reliable butane lighter

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I use the xikar for everyday. When I want to act the big willy part I pull out the Perdomo. I pulled a muscle trying to light my stick:cool:

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I vote Ronson
I have had a couple of these, they always work as long as you use a good fuel. I give them to friends, loose them doesn't matter as long as its a 3$ lighter. I had 2 lighters that were 40+ and these cheap Ronsons work as good or better. Absolute best bang for the buck.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Blazzer is the best and hold more fuel than you'll need for days. Ronson are very good and for the money you could lose it break it and it really won't matter so you could by 10 for the price of a blazzer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that.
I've also learned that if you take your lighter out of your pocket and let it cool to room temperature it will hold more liquid butane. Never put it in the freezer as this will allow it to completely fill with liquid. Without room for expansion it could blow up in your pocket. And that proximity next to future family members is not a good idea. :timebomb:

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
XIKAR.. lifetime warranty that they actually honor... Friend of mine dropped his and couldn't get it to light. Gave it to me and I sent it to Xikar who replaced it in 2 days.... it's the enigma model.. nice lighter.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only lighter I've ever had that lights EVERY SINGLE TIME is the duPont x-tend. If you want reliability, it's worth the money.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I like the Z-Plus insert for Zippo Lighters, I have 2 and they work everytime. Others I use are Ronson (great herf lighters, give em away, loose em who cares @ $3) Xikar I have a bunch of these, my wife broke hers and while @ The Outlaw Cigar herf they replaced on the spot, great customer service. I bought some cheap Blazer knockoffs (10 for $25 delivered) same deal as the Ronson's.

The St Dupont I have is by far the best lighter I have though, it lights everytime and holds alot of fuel.

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Has any one ever tried using the aero torch. Looks like a good one for herfs. I am guessing that you just hook up the refill bottle to the thing and set fire to foot.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the Z-Plus insert for Zippo Lighters, I have 2 and they work everytime... The St Dupont I have is by far the best lighter I have though, it lights everytime and holds alot of fuel.
I'm with you on both counts. However, the Z-Plus inserts seem to crap out after a couple of years. But at a little over 10 bucks a pop, you can't complain too much about that. The X-tend is, overall, the best lighter out there, if you're willing to pay the price. As Ferris Bueller said, "If you have the means, I highly recommend them." :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have a Xikar Executive and a Perdomo Vector.

The Xikar Executive's cons is the tank isn't very big. Other than that, very reliable. I've had it over a year and it works like a charm. It cost me $20.

The cons to the Vector Perdomo is... there really isn't any. I suppose if one wanted to nit-pick you could say it's huge and a pain in the ass to take along for trips (which is where the Xikar comes in handy). This thing is a tank and I didn't need to refill it for two weeks. It cost me $35.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
My Blazer is starting to sputter a bit, as though one of the jets is getting clogged. After hearing all of the praise for the Ronson Jelite, I'm going to head to Wal-Mart and try to score a couple.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Walgreens has 'em (ronsons) too... I haven't spotted one at walmart here in AZ at all yet... but walgreens and CVS have 'em right next to their "premium cigars" ha ha.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I picked up a couple of Ronson Jetlites...had to search for them a bit but finally found them at a Rite-Aid drugstore. They ran me $4.50 apiece.

I have been impressed so far with their performance. Perfect ignition and torch flame.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Walgreens has 'em (ronsons) too... I haven't spotted one at walmart here in AZ at all yet... but walgreens and CVS have 'em right next to their "premium cigars" ha ha.
At Tatum and Bell they're next to the registers at the tobacco counter, $2.79 each as I recall. They are guaranteed for a year and if they break before then just send them to the company and you'll get a new one. No receipt required (per e-mail from Ronson).

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have a Colibri lighter and use Colibri fluid. Both work fine. Try filling your lighter with two-second bursts of fuel rather than holding the nozzle down for the entire fill-up.