What's new

Most reliable butane lighter

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Awaiting delivery of my Alec Bradley table lighter and have a couple of Perdomo Vectors on the way as well. I'm good for lighters for awhile, I think. heh.

tenuki

Maduro Maniac
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
+1 for Ronson JetLight - awesome little lighter for 3 bucks, runs on any fuel. I do put it in the fridge for 10 minutes before filling it to get longer use out of each refill, otherwise it is only good for about 1 or 2 cigs tops. Also, warm it in your hand before using it if it's cold out.

I also have a Vector Thundra that rocks to relight or get the party started, but I still use the ronson for touchups.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would vote for Xikar everytime, great quality and less than 50 dollars.

I use only vector fuel so I have not had any problems at all.

I've used this lighter for almost 4 years, same lighter lights the first time everytime.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 for Ronson JetLight - awesome little lighter for 3 bucks, runs on any fuel. I do put it in the fridge for 10 minutes before filling it to get longer use out of each refill, otherwise it is only good for about 1 or 2 cigs tops...

Damn! I get a helluva lot more lights out of the 3 or 4 of those Jet-lites than that! BTW, I agree with chilling it first. I usually put both the lighter and the fuel in the freezer for about 15 minutes before filling, then let it come back to room temp before using

Liteumup

CRA Member #202832
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Ronson ROCKS- easy to find in the Walmart "tobacco product" checkout line.........When they have them buy them in bulk because they have a tendency of selling out:yes:

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Blazer makes the most reliable torches on the market. I think it's the PB-207 or something that just kicks total ass.

Xikar has a lifetime warranty, tho -- ANY Xikar retailer will give you a new one (in exchange for the old one) on the spot.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Blazer makes the most reliable torches on the market. I think it's the PB-207 or something that just kicks total ass...
I really have to disagree about the Blazers, especially the PB-207. They USED to be great, but their quality control seems to have gone to hell in recent years. A couple of friends of mine and I have all had several of these, each, crap out and/or start out not working right over the past couple of years. If you have had good experience, you either lucked out and got one of the good ones, or you have owned it for a few years. JMO, YMMV.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a long time i tried to get my hands on the new Zippo Blu lighter. I tried to track one down from local retailers as well as harassing the people at the US Zippo headquarters. The problem being, that the Zippo Blu had not landed European soil yet.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ronson Jetlite is one of the best values out there. My only complaint is that hey don't seem to hold enough fuel.

Another consideration is a vintage Dunhill Rollagas. I have 3 from the 60's and 70's and they are very reliable. My only issue is that an adapter os required for refilling it if you cannot get Dunhill gas. I've often find them for under $50 in antiques stores or flea markets here in the Midwwest.