What's new

Motorcyclist

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
2001 Kawasaki ZX-12R. Hoping to get a H-D Road Glide this year.

Mines the orange triumph speed triple, @DJSkopes r6 when we went for a good long ride with the womens and stopped for bbq

It's mostly just riding to/from work, and the occasional cruise through the back roads now.. may consider a cruiser in a few years, something more comfortable for longer rides

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I'm a bit jealous of you guys that can fit on these things! I'm just too damn big to even take a look at these... NICE BIKES!

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
My bike is in the shop today, became super difficult / near impossible to upshift, and no neutral available. It's finally hot and dry here, hoping I can get the bike back by Saturday.
That sucks to hear this! Did you find out the issue?

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
I wanna put a set of 16” bars on my road glide. I was against doing it then I sat on a buddies who has them and it was very comfortable. I’d like to try em on a long trip before I dropped the coin. I am about to put a sole seat on the dyna to clean up the rear fender.....anyhow nice rides guys
Hey Lee - how tall are you? I'm 6-6 and I have the Factory47 16" assaults on my '13. The reason I ask is I recall seeing on some bike forums the factory cable length for '15 Glides was long enough for 14" bars. I haven't been on the bike forums in a while so I'm not sure if that holds true for newer models.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
That sucks to hear this! Did you find out the issue?
They are working on it now. They think it's just a clutch adjustment needed and no parts. After a $1200 bill a week ago, that was the news I needed to hear. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for asking! :D

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
They are working on it now. They think it's just a clutch adjustment needed and no parts. After a $1200 bill a week ago, that was the news I needed to hear. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for asking! :D
Cool, cool....Christ! you just reminded me why my Deluxe doesn't get ridden at all anymore - The damn clutch is loose and pretty soft on the squeeze. I'm expecting a clutch rebuild is in order since it has over 30K on the odometer :banghead:
Keep the rubber side down brother!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Cool, cool....Christ! you just reminded me why my Deluxe doesn't get ridden at all anymore - The damn clutch is loose and pretty soft on the squeeze. I'm expecting a clutch rebuild is in order since it has over 30K on the odometer :banghead:
Keep the rubber side down brother!
You too! Have fun but be safe, look out for those cagers. :cool:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’m 6’1. I think you may be correct on the cables. I’ve been meaning to upgrade my cables too. I’d prefer the stainless braided cables. With my son working at the dealership I’m lucky enough to get some pretty deep discounts on most things

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
I’m 6’1. I think you may be correct on the cables. I’ve been meaning to upgrade my cables too. I’d prefer the stainless braided cables. With my son working at the dealership I’m lucky enough to get some pretty deep discounts on most things
Forgot to mention the wiring. You'll be running the wiring inside the bars - I believe the newer models have enough length for 14" bars as well.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They definitely have enough wires for 14”. My buddy just put 16” on and I can’t remember if he had he had enough wire or used a plug and play extension for throttle by wire...I wannna say he even had enough for 16’s but don’t hold me to it

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
They definitely have enough wires for 14”. My buddy just put 16” on and I can’t remember if he had he had enough wire or used a plug and play extension for throttle by wire...I wannna say he even had enough for 16’s but don’t hold me to it
Cool.. cool! that's nice the MOCO put in extra length... a person can get nickel & dime to death on all that piddly shit!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Starting to get a little hot to ride during the day here. We still going though. I love riding in the fall. Not a summer guy here....
Unless you ride to/from work where you leave early enough and work later to avoid traffic and it's cooler out

People think I'm nuts for wearing my leather jacket and full helmet in the heat+humidity but there's too many crappy drivers out there on the highway

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
user1_pic887_1242503109.jpg user1_pic892_1253132175_thumb (1).jpg
I've been riding my entire life...from 8 years old ( that's 56 years ) and owned mostly Honda...they just run better. Bought this 2002 ACE in June of '04 and it runs like brand new...not bad for a 16 year old ride. I've done the entire 101 ride a few times...Route 66 back and forth...Atlanta to Key West 3 times....Skyline Drive...Blue Ridge Parkway and other lesser known rides all on this bike. The Mustang Seat is worth twice it's price...windshield is a must for long rides as I can smoke my cigars the entire way. Crash bar is worth 10 times the price as I've dropped it 3 times...only damage was broken tail lights.

There is literally nothing better than a morning ride from San Diego to San Fran on the 101 and an Opus X Chataeu Reserve with smoke trailing behind me....and 8 hours of motorcycle tunes inside my helmet...Heaven on 2 wheels.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
People think I'm nuts for wearing my leather jacket and full helmet in the heat+humidity but there's too many crappy drivers out there on the highway

Ditto on the jacket, I used to always wear mine even in the summer - it's not hot when you're moving, and it keeps the sun off your arms. Cuts down on fatigue too. These days I don't have time to go as far as I used to so it's not as much of a concern for me though