What's new

Motzek strang

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Been seeing a lot of guys talking about H. Motzek strang recently and wondered if any brothers on here had the opportunity to sample some and what your thoughts were?

I know the only place to get it is from the man himself in Kiel, and that he doesn't ship to the US unfortunately. Been looking at other alternatives to getting it which will compound the cost due to shipping costs, and wanted to know if the juice is worth the squeeze...

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i have had a wee little sample ONCE, and it was nice and strong, with a pure tobacco flavor, but that was early last year, when i was under three months of true piping, and didn't get a really complete read on it (if that makes sense).

just like any HTF bourbon or beer, or LE/regional?whatever cigar: only you can decide if the chase is worth it. for ME, i would try it again in a heartbeat, but wouldn't kill myself to get it. too many other sext blends that are reachable and i haven't yet tried.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
i have had a wee little sample ONCE, and it was nice and strong, with a pure tobacco flavor, but that was early last year, when i was under three months of true piping, and didn't get a really complete read on it (if that makes sense).

just like any HTF bourbon or beer, or LE/regional?whatever cigar: only you can decide if the chase is worth it. for ME, i would try it again in a heartbeat, but wouldn't kill myself to get it. too many other sext blends that are reachable and i haven't yet tried.
Ha, and I saw your post on another forum this morning about having a sample of it. Thanks for the input! I'm not about to break myself getting it, but if some other guys were interested maybe we could get a group purchase going. The ones on other forums I lurk on all seem to have fizzled out.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

Ha, and I saw your post on another forum this morning about having a sample of it. Thanks for the input! I'm not about to break myself getting it, but if some other guys were interested maybe we could get a group purchase going. The ones on other forums I lurk on all seem to have fizzled out.
I'm in. ;)

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I will say that when I first read about it I really wanted to try some. Then I learned it wasn't easy to get so I quickly lost interest. Its a large roll like a navy roll right? What makes up the tobacco in the blend?

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
It was such an interesting title I had to look but I've never heard of this, sounds tasty especially after reading about it, who speaks fluent German??

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Anyone have an active duty friend in Germany? That would greatly decrease shipping costs. I just had a friend in Germany for brewing school and didn't even think because I had forgotten about it all together.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0