What's new

MSP March 2nd

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Thought I'd start a new thread as the title of the last back and forth was misleading. My plane lands on Sunday the 2nd at 12:45. Got all afternoon to hang out and enjoy some laughs. If anyone is interested reply here!

Thx..
Doug

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Looking forward to it Doug!

My vote would be for Burn, just because it's a little bit closer for me. TG is a lot closer to most of the other guys though so that works fine as well.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I vote TG. Last time we HERFd at Burn, the shopkeeper was not so friendly about us swapping sticks and such.
At least that's how I remember it.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
That sucks Burn is like that if u bought cigars there at least...
Oh yes. We bought LOTS of stuff.
But, with their new "no smoking anything you didn't buy here" rule... the guy freaked out when he saw lots of 5 finger bags break out and get passed around. Which I understand his concern, but he was not polite about it.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
That's bad business IMO they won't let u smoke your own as long as u buy as many as u smoke. U would think they would welcome the business and realize they could lose customers to the competition...

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
That sucks Burn is like that if u bought cigars there at least...
Oh yes. We bought LOTS of stuff.
But, with their new "no smoking anything you didn't buy here" rule... the guy freaked out when he saw lots of 5 finger bags break out and get passed around. Which I understand his concern, but he was not polite about it.
Yeah, that guy was bluntly impatient with us about that. The only reason I could think of to justify that rule is to eliminate the smoking of CCs. I couldn't imagine that would be too big of a rampant problem though.

I really wish I could be there for this one, it's been far too long since I've seen my fellow MN brothers. Here are my options, I could:

A) quit, go to the HERF, beg for change as a source of income

B) continue my boring life in middle class America and cross my fingers for the next HERF to be free on my schedule.

I'm taking suggestions now! Lol

Rating - 100%
92   0   0
For what it's worth... I contacted Burn on their website and this was the exchange. Did I state our "tradition" correctly?

Comments or Special Requests

I belong to a cigar club that likes to get together from time to time. On Sunday 3/2 we (5-6 guys) want to get together for the afternoon, hang-out and smoke a bunch of cigars. One of our traditions is gifting cigars to each other. We exchange five packs between ourselves. We only smoke sticks bought at the shop and never the sticks traded back and forth. If we were to come to Burn, would that tradition be acceptable? Thanks, Buzz

The reply:
Thank you for your inquiry. We would love to have you come to the shop.

Our store policy is to follow all the state and city sampling laws. Based on your question, as long as the cigars you smoke here were purchased here, we should be good.

We do have a coffee shop next store if you want coffee or a sandwitch or you are welcome to bring any of your own non alcoholic beverages.

Thank you for your respectful inquiry and I hope you decide to visit.

Name Removed
BURN

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Close, except I usually buy one there (TG) to take home and smoke one I brought from my stash. Sometimes the ones there are just too humid to get a decent burn. I suppose it may be the fact that we don't know if they've been there resting a while or if they're just of the truck...