The Get Down
The Last Kingdom
Peaky Blinders
Better Call Saul
Marco Polo
Archer
The Following
That about sums up the entire thread.

Also! Very important news! New Dave Chappelle comedy special on Netflix! Haven't watched it yet, but the man is back finally and that's all that matters!

Oh! The vulgarity!

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Watched "London Has Fallen" this weekend and truly enjoyed it. I am sure it could be picked apart but I was on the edge of the couch through the movie! I also started watching "Great Designs" about building or remodeling houses in the UK. I find it fascinating, also amazed at the cost of houses in the UK!

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The Shannara Chronicles- More fantasy/sci-fi (are we seeing a trend yet?!)
Terry Brooks is my all time favorite author, and while I was excited when I heard they were making a series on the second book, after watching the first three episodes, was pretty disappointed.
The books are far better (aren't they always?)
It seems they turned a great story into a tweenie sci-fi sex romp.
I highly recommend you read the books, starting with The sword of Shanarra, and working your way through them all
I just finished the first book last night (for the third time at least) and started the second again. I've been reading and re reading this series for the last 30 years or so.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Terry Brooks is my all time favorite author, and while I was excited when I heard they were making a series on the second book, after watching the first three episodes, was pretty disappointed.
The books are far better (aren't they always?)
It seems they turned a great story into a tweenie sci-fi sex romp.
I highly recommend you read the books, starting with The sword of Shanarra, and working your way through them all
I just finished the first book last night (for the third time at least) and started the second again. I've been reading and re reading this series for the last 30 years or so.
I saw this tv series was on, but only caught about 5 minutes of it before I turned the channel. It has been forever since I've read any of his books. I remember think Sword of Shannara was pretty boring, but really liking Elfstones of Shannara and Wishsong. I think I read Scions and maybe Druid, but like I said that was long ago. Did he also write Magic Kingdom for Sale (Sold)?

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I saw this tv series was on, but only caught about 5 minutes of it before I turned the channel. It has been forever since I've read any of his books. I remember think Sword of Shannara was pretty boring, but really liking Elfstones of Shannara and Wishsong. I think I read Scions and maybe Druid, but like I said that was long ago. Did he also write Magic Kingdom for Sale (Sold)?
Yes he did. I haven't read that series, though.
The Shannara series has been expanded quite a bit, and I'm not even sure I've read them all. I know I read the three heritage books, and the three in the voyage of the Jerle Shannara as well.
Some might say they're a ripoff of The Lord of the rings, but I haven't been able to finish even one of Tolkien's books. His writing style is hard for me to get into. The movies were pretty good, though.
Terry is, IMO, a more fluid storyteller, which I find easy to get immersed in.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It's probably been mentioned but, Narco's is a must watch. I had forgotten just what kind of devil/ terrorist Pablo Escobar was.
I started watching narcos a few weeks back. I'm almost done with the second season, but since I got a new 4k tv I might have to rewatch it as it is over of the few 4k options on Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
NOT Iron Fist. I'm watching it, but it's definitely not must-see.
Agreed. I'm like 4 episodes in and struggling. If I didn't know anything about the comic, I'd be completely lost. I was actually more stoked to see this than than Daredevil or Luke Cage. Luke Cage started strong and then faded, but Iron Fist just never got going at all.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I know a lot of people are disappointed with Iron Fist, but I actually really like it (so far). That being said, I'm still waiting on a fight seen that rivals the hallway scene in Daredevil season 1 or the stairway scene in DD season 2.

I also def agree with everyone suggesting Stranger Things and Making a Murderer.

Some suggestions not yet mentioned by others:
The Killing (series)
The Bletchley Circle (series)
Travelers (series)
The Hunter (movie)

And these sitcoms (if you haven't seen them already)
Parks & Rec (Ron Swanson is one of my all time fav characters)
The Office
30 Rock
Arrested Development

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I know a lot of people are disappointed with Iron Fist, but I actually really like it (so far). That being said, I'm still waiting on a fight seen that rivals the hallway scene in Daredevil season 1 or the stairway scene in DD season 2.

I also def agree with everyone suggesting Stranger Things and Making a Murderer.

The Killing (series)
Travelers (series)
The Hunter (movie)

The Office
30 Rock
Arrested Development
Really like Daredevil. Story behind his training with Stick is pretty cool. Was hoping Iron Fist would be as entertaining. Guess I'll have to find out for myself.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0

The Killing (series)
Travelers (series)
The Hunter (movie)

The Office
30 Rock
Arrested Development
I second Travelers. Great one. Also Colony.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Anyone else watching Bloodline? Set in the Florida Keys. Really liking it. I'm through season one now. Season three, the final one, just dropped yesterday