What's new

Must see Netflix

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Bloodline is well written and acted, but it is a soap opera.
Medici is amazing.
Chef's Table is worth a watch..........

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
This past weekend I binge watched the first season of The OA on Netflix, and enjoyed it. If you liked Stranger Things this might be right up your alley. More existential, and less scary monsters, but in a similar vein. I don't want to say too much about it. In fact, it is best to do no research on it and just dive into it blind. Let it unfold itself and let it surprise you.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I watched Four Seasons in Havana. The books were definitely much better. They didn't really flush out the characters enough for everything to make sense. Plus the symbolism of the character and his friends ended up lost. That are it a bit hard to get invested in the show unless you know more than the average person about Cuba's history pre and post revolution.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I watched Four Seasons in Havana. The books were definitely much better. They didn't really flush out the characters enough for everything to make sense. Plus the symbolism of the character and his friends ended up lost. That are it a bit hard to get invested in the show unless you know more than the average person about Cuba's history pee and post revolution.
Isn't that always the same for every adaptation, though? Also, "Cuba's history pee"

Sent back in time from Dr. Hoppy's phone using thinkatalk.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
There's been mention of Peaky Blinders here and I have to agree. Half way thru second season(only 6 episodes a season) and well done so far. I don't know what it says about me but The Ranch and San Clarita Diet cracks me up.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I'll second the OA - and say nothing else about it.
Just started Frequency the series. Loved the movie and the series looks to be well done.
Better Off Ted - if you want a short sitcom that's actually funny.
Not a fan of Lemony Snicket, but I made it through 2 episodes.
Is Humans on Netflix? I really like that one, but I like almost all robot movies.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
There's been mention of Peaky Blinders here and I have to agree. Half way thru second season(only 6 episodes a season) and well done so far. I don't know what it says about me but The Ranch and San Clarita Diet cracks me up.
I'm think Peaks Blinders is next on the list. Lots of people have said how great of a show it was. Wife and I can't get enough San Clarita...every character is hilarious in their own little ways.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
It just ended on FX, so it will be a while -- but when Taboo hits, it is an absolute MUST watch. Best thing Tom Hardy has ever done.

"It was created by Steven Knight, Tom Hardy and his father, Edward "Chips" Hardy and is based on a story written by Tom and Chips Hardy. The eight-part series, set in 1814, begins with James Delaney (Tom Hardy) returning to England after twelve years in Africa with fourteen stolen diamonds, following the death of his father and as the war with the United States is nearing its end."

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It just ended on FX, so it will be a while -- but when Taboo hits, it is an absolute MUST watch. Best thing Tom Hardy has ever done.

"It was created by Steven Knight, Tom Hardy and his father, Edward "Chips" Hardy and is based on a story written by Tom and Chips Hardy. The eight-part series, set in 1814, begins with James Delaney (Tom Hardy) returning to England after twelve years in Africa with fourteen stolen diamonds, following the death of his father and as the war with the United States is nearing its end."
I liked it, but I didn't think it was the best thing Tom Hardy has ever done. If they don't do a second season, there is just too much left unresolved.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Will definitely look up Taboo. Tom Hardy plays a small but fantastic roll in Peaky Blinders.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I'm sure some of these have been mentioned, but -

Stranger Things
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Dexter
Mad Men