What's new

Must see Netflix

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Ok here we go:
The Crown- Just watch it. Drama. Based on Queen Elizabeth. Slow to start, but quite telling if you're into historical dramas.
The Magicians- Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Reality blend. Fun and easy to watch. Some nice eye candy too (but no nudity so family friendly).
Archer- Duh. No brainer. Pour yourself a scotch or bourbon and be entertained.
Supernatural- Monsters. Angels. Classic Rock. Guns. Booze.
The Shannara Chronicles- More fantasy/sci-fi (are we seeing a trend yet?!)

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
They've already been mentioned but I can't recommend Stranger Things and Black Mirror enough. Two of the best shows I've seen in years!

There are also a lot of great documentaries on Netflix such as The Birth of Sake, SOMM, Sour Grapes, and Minimalism.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
There are also a lot of great documentaries on Netflix such as The Birth of Sake, SOMM, Sour Grapes, and Minimalism.
I've been mainly just watching the documentaries on there. SOMM is one of my favorites. I'm not into wine at all, but it's definitely a interesting watch.
My absolute favorite is Unbranded on there. Also pretty much anything Ken Burns makes is pretty amazing.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I watched the first 2 episodes and stopped...Might have to give it another shot. Same thing with Breaking Bad. I have tried to get into it multiple times and can't make it to the 2nd season.
The first season is a bit slow, but it quickly picks up going into 2nd season

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've been interested in Borgias and Medici: Masters of Florence. Has anybody watched either one?

There is one that completely flew under the radar, Four Seasons in Havana. I plan on starting it tonight or Monday. The preview trailer is good, plus the book series was awesome. It is subtitled.

Last edited:

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I've been interested in Borgias and Medici: Masters of Florence. Has anybody watched either one?

There is one that completely flew under the radar, Four Seasons in Havana. I plan on starting it tonight or Monday. The preview trailer is good, plus the book series was awesome. It is subtitled.
I watched most of Borgias, can't remember if I finished it. Have you watched Reign yet? Awesome series about the beginning of Mary queen of Scots.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I watched most of Borgias, can't remember if I finished it. Have you watched Reign yet? Awesome series about the beginning of Mary queen of Scots.
I haven't I'm more of a music and books guy. I rarely get in to watching shows and movies. I never finished Jessica Jones or got past the first season of Longmire. I stopped watching Orphan Black after one season. I just can't follow through.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Black Mirror is one I don't think has been mentioned yet. Part sci-fi part scarily accurate prediction of where the impact of technology is headed. The first episode is very jacked up, for-real....it goes to a whole new place, but it's a one-off. Still great, but you've been warned. Every episode is a standalone.

Edited to add- if you do watch it, please report back on the first episode, lol!
I've watched the first 4 episodes of Black Mirror and really only liked the first one. And you're right, its genuinely bizarre and cringy.
After reading both of you go on about it, I gave it a look. Are you talking about the one titled National Anthem about the kidnapped princess? That was just kinda dumb. If that's the best of the lot, I may have to pass on the rest.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure how I missed this but Foyle's War is one of the best shows in all of television. Loved it.
Agreed. I've watched the entire series like 3 times.
Has anyone mentioned the first season of True Detective? I'm not sure if its on Netflix or not, I know its on Amazon.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
True detective was excellent. That long take in the projects…lawdamercy.
Yep. If more TV was of that caliber I'd certainly watch more of it. :D
The 2nd season was a disappointment I thought. Seemed the director wasn't really sure how he wanted to tell the story. I wonder if there will be a 3rd?